Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was able to go to Kawasaki of Universal City and check out the used 500R that they told me they had. It seemed as if it was in good condition, it started up easily from cold and I could find no fractures in the frame or scratches on the plastic. The bike had just under 3000 miles and is an 04, which made me suspicious of why it is for sale. Supposedly the previous owner bought it and felt the need to move up and he then traded it in for a ZX-6R and is now sponsored.

My question is, is $4300 after taxes adn titles ($3995 before that stuff) a good price for this bike? It seems good enough and is only a year old. It even has fairly new tires (maybe that is a clue that it was used to race?). If I do buy through them, they claim that I can have nearly a 20% discount on some gear (a $100 helmet for $80...i doubt they will give me a $500 for $400). I think I should ask them for the original decals, because he replaced all of the decals with mirrored silver ones (this is a silver bike so it looks odd). Is there anything else I should specifically check and maybe ask for him to lower the price?

Thx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts