Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my kx 125 suddenly stoped runnin and wont start after lookin at bike exaust has bit ov play at front so took off the 2 springs and it fell out wivout me even wigglin it is this right and could this have stopped it running because it was very wet and boggy cheers ???

·
Registered
917 Posts
the exhaust port should be as sealed as possible after it gets hot. That port has the potential to allow dirt / water into the cylinder.

Does anybody know what you mean by my bike suddenly stopped and wont start? No.

I suppose the exhaust leak is a possibility but I doubt it. I am just guessing as you have not provided a whole lot of information.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i went through a big puddle yhen lost all power and it then staled and now when i try 2 start it it backfires i did take the pipe off and it had quite a bit ov water in it ?

·
Registered
917 Posts
a 2 stroke pushes and sucks air in through the exhaust port. You drowned your motor and water in the exhaust will cause starting problems.

you may have water in your crankcase also. If you have seen vids where rich guys trash bikes hydroplaning over water but dont make it, they leave spark plug out, plug trans vent, drain gas tank, flip bike upside down, and crank kickstart to drain the water quickly so they can do it again.

The backfire tells me you have spark still.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just drained gear oil and it had about pint ov water with it could this have caused the gears not engaging ? then turned bike over and go about another half a pint ov water what do u think next 2 get it goin ???

·
Registered
917 Posts
Dont remember you saying anything about the gears not engaging. Once again your description is vague.

The one problem is how much dirt is in your crankcase/ main bearings. Not real easy to flush out without taking the motor apart. You could go crazy with kerosene or spray cleaners. Hell you could wash crankcase/cylinder out with water then kerosene or mineral spirits to try to absorb/flush the water. Tape off the ports or seal them with boot and plug ect. Be careful with flammable liquids and I am in no way advocating or responsible for your actions regarding this.

You need to get things lubricated in the cylinder again so they don't rust/ wear. I would rotated piston towards spark plug hole (finger or hole when pushes air out) and put small amount of oil on piston. Or a spray oil is easiest. Rotate piston some times. Then get the thing started (with uncontaminated gas) and let it idle for a while to burn water and lubricate crankcase/cylinder.

Not sure how much damage you have done but I have been surprised how much abuse motors like these can take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts