Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the Show Chrome back rest and luggage rack on the Vulcan 900? How is the quality and do you have any pics of it on your bike? Can't find any good ones online.

·
Hoof Hearted?
717 Posts
Is this the setup you're looking at?

Quality is ok...not top notch but ok. I like the lines especially the way the backrest mounts are curved around the chrome fender mount covers...not flat like others I've seen.

I think if I were doing it over, I might opt for the Kaw OEM setup...hopefully a little better chrome quality...but not enough to reinvest at this point.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Hey windsurfdog, what type of windsheild/fairing is that you have, it looks cool. Any better pictures?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sorry no good pics but +1 on how it fits around the curved chrome fender mount, that is why I got it. I love mine and for the price it can't be beat.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this the setup you're looking at?

Quality is ok...not top notch but ok. I like the lines especially the way the backrest mounts are curved around the chrome fender mount covers...not flat like others I've seen.

I think if I were doing it over, I might opt for the Kaw OEM setup...hopefully a little better chrome quality...but not enough to reinvest at this point.
Thanks for the pics. It's looks bigger than I thought it would. I am with you though. I like the OEM with rack the best, although the luggage rack looks tiny.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have one installed on my V2K and I'm well pleased with it. No need for me to post anther pic....windsurfdog has that covered.....good pic and nice bike......STEVE

·
Hoof Hearted?
717 Posts
Hey windsurfdog, what type of windsheild/fairing is that you have, it looks cool. Any better pictures?
It's a Memphis Shades Classic Deuce.

It attaches to the handlebars instead of the forks...once again, if doing it again, I'd probably go with one that attaches to the forks...but I'm plenty pleased with this one so far.

I've added Memphis Shades lowers, also. I know this looks more like an LT than a Custom but I really liked the front wheel and rear fender of the Custom and just transformed it into more of an LT type of bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've added Memphis Shades lowers, also. I know this looks more like an LT than a Custom but I really liked the front wheel and rear fender of the Custom and just transformed it into more of an LT type of bike.
My thoughts exactly. I like the more minimal fenders of the custom compared to the classic. The rest is functional :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts