Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1482 Posts

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who do not know me I have been in the Navy for 16 yrs now I am a Chief Builder. The fleet guys call us dirt sailors, the Marines call us friend along with others whom we have worked side by side! I have seen many bikes go through the chop and some on here gave me ideas! Two in particularly SKITZ and THULLEN ( love you guys, with out your help it would have taken longer) . All in here have helped in one way or another you just do not know it. So I will be posting some pics here soon and I hope that you will like what you see. The Navy, Army, Marines and yes even the Air Force has bikes even Police and Fire Dept. I never saw a Seabee bike so I decided to build one. In the next few days I will be posting some of my pics of the build before and after shots. You all are welcome to post your Bobbers and hope to see lots of them. God Bless the Bobber! and say a prayer for the troops over seas securing your freedom! Hooyah!
Dan McKee
BUC USN
aka CelticCB

·
Yet another 800 Bobber...
598 Posts
Thanks for the recognition! I think many members have done alot more progress with their 800 than I have. Thinking of Skitzo, Skully, AlleyRat, DONK, h0003010, michel... I believe I have seen pictures of your bike to CELTICCB but couldn't manage to find them now, would love to see some!

I haven't done anything interesting enough to write about lately. Here is basicly where I stand today, and two simple sketches showing the direction:

(Flickr)

Left to do:
Strip the last paint of and have it coated with clear epoxy.
Mount the new seat
Some wiring for the new indicators and tail light.
That would make the bike up and running again.

Then when I have the time:
Lower the front as well, and change to the shorter VN800B kickstand I bought.
New grips and maybe put the stock handlebars on again
Paint the wheels black
Details

·
Registered
47 Posts
well I'm finishing up a few small things on my ladies "Little Miss Bobber" saturday. I'll do my best to get pic's of the new pipes i designed and built. Patty helped me modifiy the breather yesterday, so that also has a new look. the best part is we got the solo seat back from being refinished. really makes the look pop.

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok here is the build! I still have to mount some amunition to the shifeter and the brake but here it is anyway. I am very proud of this accomplishment and I will help any and all who come here for answers!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
That is over the top Celtic 8)

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

That is over the top Celtic 8)
Thank you it is great to hear words of approval for my efforts. I tried really hard to get this done for a local bike show tomorrow and we shall see if I get the prize. Here are some more pics. Let me know if you like them?

Attachments

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the recognition! I think many members have done alot more progress with their 800 than I have. Thinking of Skitzo, Skully, AlleyRat, DONK, h0003010, michel... I believe I have seen pictures of your bike to CELTICCB but couldn't manage to find them now, would love to see some!

I haven't done anything interesting enough to write about lately. Here is basicly where I stand today, and two simple sketches showing the direction:

(Flickr)

Left to do:
Strip the last paint of and have it coated with clear epoxy.
Mount the new seat
Some wiring for the new indicators and tail light.
That would make the bike up and running again.

Then when I have the time:
Lower the front as well, and change to the shorter VN800B kickstand I bought.
New grips and maybe put the stock handlebars on again
Paint the wheels black
Details
You are almost there Thullan my friend. One advantage military guys have is that when you have been to 2 contingencies back to back you save up alot of leave time. So I took 30 days off to finish the bike and have 9 days vacation in Origon. So I lucked out there.

I can not wait for actual pictures of you and that bike on the road!

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Skully...Hell I saw your thread the bike looks GREAT! true bobber tradition!

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
D-Day ...I like the paint on the rims or is it powder coating I can not tell? What did you do for those rims?

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just noticed those smiley faces at the end of the pipes.
D Day your a nut!

·
Dead man walking
1,994 Posts
Man, you have a great bobber. I love it.

The paint on my wheels was basic Krylon or Rust-o-leum spray paint. For the back one, I used a lot of POR-15 Marine Clean and POR-15 Metal Ready to get all the grease off. It was caked on like nothing else.

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hell yeah!!!! heres mine. Took about 5 months to build, hope you like it.

Like it HELL! You have nice clean lines Donk. It looks Fantastic. I just got done doing the shifter on mine with a 7.62mm Bullet. I'm sure that is what will take me 5 months to finish. You have alot of good detail!:cool:

·
FrogJumper
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Digging it. Nice work mon.
Kewl thanks for the back up. Now really is that you on the scoot? Do you have something else? Just a suggestion they have a bobber out there for @ 1500 it is called the Kicker but you have to put it together. It can get you started. No offence...just incase you need a Bobber.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Like it HELL! You have nice clean lines Donk. It looks Fantastic. I just got done doing the shifter on mine with a 7.62mm Bullet. I'm sure that is what will take me 5 months to finish. You have alot of good detail!:cool:
thanks man, love your bike also, very old skool cool:cool: nice job

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
nice work boys.

Did all you bobber cats get to see my pix from the easyrider show?

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/want-show-off-your-ride/63907-bobbers-customs-show.html

I think that any of the fine bobber specimens from this forum would have easily given these bikes a run for the money. Celtic's Camobob would have been very popular indeed. (Camo is a way of life in this neck-o-the woods.) I don't think there was a single metric bike at the show, which was something the builder's "discussion" seemed to overlook entirely. I guess you gotta consider the audience though. Not alot of metric bikes amidst the Easyrider faithful.

1 - 20 of 1482 Posts