Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, I have shtuff on the back of my speedo glass. I have no idea how it got there, but it needs to go, because it looks like s**t and makes it hard to see the gauge if there's glare.

So... can it be relatively easily removed w/o mutilating or breaking anything? If it involves potentially destroying anything to remove, I may just live with it.

Thanks!

·
Forgot to grow up
1,118 Posts
I had moisture cloud up the speedo once after alot of rain highway driving. I left it alone and prayer did the trick after a couple days of sun

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like a film, sort of like the slightly greasy crap you get on the inside of the windshield of your cage if you don't wash your windows regularly. Fog would be easy. I might just take if off of the bike today and see what's what.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I believe it is simalar to a 900 custom I one of those apart and a monkey could do it.take the tin cover off and pop the speedo off and uplug it and look for a few screws and then the lens comes off.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I pulled the tank and took the cluster off, and it's exactly as you said. Unfortunately, the crud is inbetween two layers of the clear lense (it's "double hung," so to speak) so there's no getting it out of there. There was some goo on the inside that I could clean off, though, so it wasn't a total waste of time. :)

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that I had it apart I see that putting a different face on it would be easy. I just wish that the clear plastic lens wasn't 2 ply.

:/

·
Registered
659 Posts
maybe on the inside of it there is a ring to pry back to seperate the 2 pieces apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts