Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my left sidemarker on m 95 ninja zx600c so I was wondering how would I go about it, can I order aftermarket flush mount clear ones or whatnot? just need a little education on sidemarkers.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Theres a bunch of ways to do it;
1) You can order generic ones from like ridegear or smiliar site. This is what I did, but its not the easiest since sometimes the wiring doesn't like your stock wiring, and you might have to drill to get the signal looking good
2)you can look around for signals that are made specifically for your bike... the only ones like this I've seen for anything less than the ZX-9 is for the EX250R..
You can get a whole slew of color options if you go universal ones too
Hope this helps

·
Registered
447 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its kinda tuff for me to decide on what ones cause of the shape of the stock ones on the bike now, im gonna try to get them in person at a local shop this way if i got any issues can just go back get another one.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice, I'll have mine in a few days, then go about getting them on it. I just put on today a new set of Pro Grips. Only concern is I had to put a little soap and water to get em to slide on and hope they stay in place cause they were twisting easy but I figure when the soap and water drys they will be fine.

·
Registered
329 Posts
With no intention of hijacking this thread...

How did you get the bar ends off?

And did you have to cut the old grips to get them off?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the ends they have a philips screw that you undo and then they come off, the guy before I think put aftermarket cause they stick out far and you can see the bike was dropped on the one side cause its scratched the one bar end on the left.

As for the grips I did have to cut them off with a knife and to put em on soap and water but then I took them off and washed the soap off and just slid em on with little water. I went out tonight and the one on the throttle is pretty sticky now not moving much but the other one still moves a decent amount. Not sure how you get them to stick in place permanent like the old ones. Im figuring over time the heat in the daytime will make em stay in place.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you use an adhesive under the new grips?

My grips are stock, and are NOT damaged. I was thinking about replacing them so I could color match, but do you think it's worth it if the stock ones aren't in bad shape?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was reading my hayes manual for the grips and it said something about using an adhesive so im gonna buy some and take them off and apply some under it as of right now they dont move much but still dont stay in place like the other ones on it when I got the bike. I think the ProGrips I got are decent, they have a gel like grip to them and I would figure in the end little softer on your hands means less fatigue on the fingers. I only paid $10 in the store for them and there gray so its up to you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just checked the Clymer manual and the procedure is not listed.

What does the Haynes say?

Or did you just wing it by removing the bar ends, cutting off the old grips, and sliding on the new ones?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Forgot about this thread, as of now since Ive road the bike lately the grips dont move much since ive put pressure on them from gripping etc..

Old ones were on sealed tight, didnt see no adhesive under them just overtime from the heat and whatnot were on good. Just cut em off, put on the new ones with a little water maybe some soap then after you ride a few times the pressure from your hands should set em in place good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts