Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does one flasher unit work the front signals and one the back signals?

Or does one work the left front and back and one work the right front and back?

The reason I ask is because my right rear signal is flashing but the left side is not. I don't have the front signals anymore took them off. I do know that the bulb in the left side is good because it lights up when I turn on the turn signal.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
On most Kawasaki's I've owned there are two silver flasher cans, one for the turn signals and the other for the four way hazard flashers.

Front and rear turn signals are wired together and should work together when the circuit is energized. If there is a problem, first check the bulbs,the bulb sockets and then the wiring.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,843 Posts
The reason it's not flashing is because there isn't enough load to heat the bimetal strip in the flasher enough to make it break contact. Most times when you remove the front or rear, neither side will blink but occasionally one will. There are a few ways you could resolve the problem. You could, reinstall the front blinkers to add more load to the circuit, wire a load resistor into the blinker circuit, or get one of the electronic flashers.

IMO, the easiest and best way would be to get the electronic flasher. That would still work in the event that you reinstall the front blinkers at a later date.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.