Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a silverstar bulb in ther bike? How do you like it? I put one in my Nomad today and was wondering.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Hope you bought a spare :biggrin:

Seriously... I would go through one in 3-6 months in my Tundra.
For the bike, I use the Napa BP1210H4. It's an 80/100 watt bulb that is actually usable on low beam at night, and looks like a jet's landing light in the daytime when you REALLY need it. I got about a year out of my first one.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Got a year out of my first silverstar, that's riding every day and many long summer trips of 400+ miles.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Got a year out of my first silverstar, that's riding every day and many long summer trips of 400+ miles.
That's very unusual.

·
Solar Panel Charged
614 Posts
I used the 9003ST instead of the H4 in the Boulevard. That was well over a year ago. I sold the bike (sort of) to a friend of mine and I know he hasn't changed it yet. :D
It is super bright. I loved it. :D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That's very unusual.
Maybe it's the humidity???:?:
I plan on next purchase going to the Wagner bulb just based on cost alone, especially w/2 bikes in the shed now. Almost a C-note for two siver stars!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Mine has lasted and i love it!! I run them in all of my vehicles. 18 months in my Passat.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I quess I'll see. I took out my original bulb which was still good at 28,800 miles and the bike is a 01. I'll be disapointed even if it last's a year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts