Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
President, L7 Club
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I need definitive answers to what is probably a SIMPLE question:

I have a 2006 Nomad 1600. I have the stock lightbar and all stock light bulbs in the entire bike. I would like to get brighter (LED?) bulbs in any/all of the following places on the bike:
1. Brake light: is there a LED bulb that I can simply remove the brakelight cover, remove the stock bulb, plug in the new LED bulb and reassemble without having to alter the existing electrical lines?;

2. Headlight bulb: (same question as above); and

3. Spotlight bulbs: (same question as above).

Has anybody else done simple upgrades to the stock bulbs that DON'T require messing with the electrical lines at all? If you could tell me the EXACT bulbs I need to get for each application, I'd really appreciate it!

Many thanks!

Daryl

·
Registered
88 Posts
You can run a 80/100 watt headlamp with no prob. LOTS of info on that, here.

I upgraded to higher wattage in the lightbar, but it WILL blow the fuse...I followed Gadget's procedure for the relay operated circuit for the lightbar and my stereo, but that requires a bit of electrical work/know-how - tho NOT that difficult.

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts
For Headlight.....Wagner 1210/H4 = 80/100 watt
For Spotlights....Wagner BP1255/H3 = 55 watts each

Headlight is no problem on electric load.
Spotlights are no problem as long as a relay was used and lightpower is on the accessary circuit.

This is a super bright set up...and these Wagner Bulbs seem to last forever...Unlike Silverstars do..I do not reccomend Silverstars on your motorcycle...I have used them and they burn out way too soon.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
For Headlight.....Wagner 1210/H4 = 80/100 watt
For Spotlights....Wagner BP1255/H3 = 55 watts each

Headlight is no problem on electric load.
Spotlights are no problem as long as a relay was used and lightpower is on the accessary circuit.
+1
Installed the 55w spots about a month ago when one of the originals burned out (couldn't find 35w locally).

For the brake light, a Sylvania 2357LL is a much brighter replacement for the stock 1157. I've looked but can't find a 2356 for the turn signals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts