Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to West Palm in June, and unfortunately will not be bringing my own ride, but will be renting some bikes. My question is simple, is Florida a helmet-required state?

·
Registered
54 Posts
you may know better than me, as I'm not 100% but I think it's not so much health insurance but insurance on the bike with over $10,000 personal injury coverage per rider. This is because in Florida you are not required to have vehicle insurance on Motorcycles. Unless the bike, is not paid off or you want to ride without a helmet. But it makes sense that if you have health insurance you'd be covered. I would ask at the rental office or dealer if thats where you'll be renting from, maybe when you call up to make the reservations. I would bring my helmet with me anyway because there will be times when you'll want to ride without it but you'll want to wear it at times.
South Florida has the largest concentration of "D" worst drivers in the country, and they don't respect bikes at all.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I don't know anything about FL law but I know people there ride without helmets all the time. Having said that, you should also check with the rental company for their own policies. It's possible they won't rent to you unless you have a helmet, and if you don't bring yours you may end up having to buy one or rent one from them at a nice daily rate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts