Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm a newb to the forum and to motorcycling. but i have a quick question, i picked up a silver 500r a couple days ago and since where i live it gets really really hot(105 f) today, would it be easier for the engine to overheat when riding in this kind of weather?

-thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
stem said:
i'm a newb to the forum and to motorcycling. but i have a quick question, i picked up a silver 500r a couple days ago and since where i live it gets really really hot(105 f) today, would it be easier for the engine to overheat when riding in this kind of weather?

-thanks.
Not to worry - it gets 130 in Vegas. Make sure you flush out the coolant and if I were you I would either use Water Wetter with Distilled water or Engine Ice. If you can find deionized water that would be better. Use a higher concentration of water to coolant vs 50/50 as you are riding in such a hot area. Check your owners manual, but you should be able to use 20w-50 oil SE/SF. Go with the thicker oil since it doesn't freeze in Vegas.

·
Registered
49 Posts
re: weather

**** you guys are lucky for it to be hot all the time!! and have a "warm" riding season lasting more then 4 months... **** SNOW/COLD!!!!!! :x

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you very much for comments and answers.

kawaninja, i wouldnt it call it lucky for it to be hot all the time, sometimes it irritating(at least for me). California has a warm riding season, their temp stays around 75 to 95 in the summer,*sigh*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts