Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just bought a 2004 Nomad 1500. It didn't come with an owners manual so untill my service manuals arive I'm somewhat deprived of tech info. I am installing a tach and need to know if this thing has a single or dual fire ignition.

Ride hard and be safe

D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is FI, thanks for the info, Dual fire on a carb'd engine makes sense too..
I just put a Power commandor on mine too because it has cobra exhaust and a k&N filter. I haven't started it yet since the tank is off for a couple of mods. Did you dyno or use the online maps?

D

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
I got a map off of the Rogue owners group. It's pretty **** nice. I plan on getting the bike dyno tuned in the spring-- I got it late in the season last year so didn't have time/money to get it done then. I put a baron tach on mine and it works flawlessly with the single fire adapter.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought the Baron too. the directions aren't real clear weither you need the adaptor or not. They say VN1500's don't need it but 900 & 2000 FI's do. I guess I'll assume that since I have a VN1500-FI that I should use it???

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats how I'm going to wire it. Some input on this now? - The Baron gets grounded, uses the coil negative to count, and has two leads that go to switched B+. My first guess is one powers the backlight and the other powers the tachs brains. Baron says connect these the coil B+ or other switched B+. I would rather not load the coils B+ with anything but the coils. Thoughts on other handy spots to pick up switched B+?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.