Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a bag that is both a bag that attachs to the sissy bar and a back rest. any suggestions? ive seen the lazy rider and the kuryakyn. im leaning towards the kuryakyn, i like it better looks wise. anyone have any experiences with these two bags or any other bags like this?

-Alex

Kuryakyn Tombstone Backrest Bag RTI00

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
I want a bag that is both a bag that attachs to the sissy bar and a back rest. any suggestions? ive seen the lazy rider and the kuryakyn. im leaning towards the kuryakyn, i like it better looks wise. anyone have any experiences with these two bags or any other bags like this?

-Alex

Kuryakyn Tombstone Backrest Bag RTI00
...s'pose ya could just attach a basket to the front...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I own this and just love it. Plenty of storage and good support. Also you can take it off easy and carry in with you. Comes with a rain cover, and two different widths backreat pads. I would buy it again without question.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I have 2 different bags like this. The first one I got was a Dowco Ralley Pack. Nice bag soft sided type deal. Can be mounted either behind you and you can use it for backrest or if have passenger mount on sissy bar. Holds quite a bit if packed right.

Second one I have I use mainly if the wife is going with. Packs easier for her because is actually a rollaboard type suitcase with straps to attach to sissy bar. I have never turned it so it could be used as a backreast but I supose you could. It is a firstgear product.

Shop around. If you dont have to have it tomorrow, there are some sweet deals off and on on e-bay. I got the Dowco bag for like under $50 shipped. The firstgear bag was used in very good condition and around $75 shipped. Also Leather up and Jafrum have good selections if you want to go with aleather or soft sidded set up. I have bought from both and they both have good valuse stuff. Be sure to read the reviews as they are usualy good at discribing shortfalls or plus's

·
USAF
312 Posts
I own this and just love it. Plenty of storage and good support. Also you can take it off easy and carry in with you. Comes with a rain cover, and two different widths backreat pads. I would buy it again without question.
+1 I have used it in conjunction with a tail bag and had a great amount of storage along with a comfortable ride. I feel that it makes me sit up straight which allows me to ride longer. Great bag that the wife got me for Christmas one year.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think the double duty thing is all a good idea....but to actually be able to use it as an effective backrest....wouldn't the bag have to be stuffed all the time?

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
Google the Biker's Friend bag. Hard case, so doesn't need to be packed to work as a backrest. I've heard many good things about it as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts