Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
living in 3/4 time
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got to test out my new First Racing Skull leather jacket in 30 degree weather and it is awesome. It is one of the best leather jackets I have owned so far. The leather was a lot thicker than expected and there is a ton of venting in the jacket for warmer weather.

first racing skull leather jacket - Google Product Search

It was a great christmas gift. I can't wait to find out how it looks at night.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Having vents on a leather jacket does not make any sense to me. There are plenty of jackets for the summer that would be much better. My first leather jacket had vents and had to scrap it and go get one without. I could feel cold coming in right on the chest where the vents were.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I just got to test out my new First Racing Skull leather jacket in 30 degree weather and it is awesome. It is one of the best leather jackets I have owned so far. The leather was a lot thicker than expected and there is a ton of venting in the jacket for warmer weather.

I like skulls and those jackets look really nice. I would like to know if there is one out there with just one big skull on the back only?

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
Having vents on a leather jacket does not make any sense to me. There are plenty of jackets for the summer that would be much better. My first leather jacket had vents and had to scrap it and go get one without. I could feel cold coming in right on the chest where the vents were.
Actually, if designed right, venting on a leather jacket is great. Just ask anyone who's wearing a good sport-bike type of jacket.

Is it as good as wearing a full-mesh jacket, no. But it's much more protective, and allows the jacket to be worn on more than just cooler days.

·
'08 900 custom
739 Posts
I have this jacket that I wear every once in a while. It has vents all over the place which is good in the summer, but then I've had it on when I rode in 32 degree weather too. The only thing that cold on me were my fingers and my knees, not my core! I'm thinkin about just getting a leather one though.

Cycle Gear - CORTECH: GX Sport Series 2 Textile Motorcycle Jacket, SILVER 2XL

And yeah I like the leather jacket, just too many skulls. If it was just one on the back that would be alright I guess.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think Icon has a jacket with a single skull. It may however be on the front rather than the back.

My textile jacket and pants work pretty well down to around 30 degrees with the liners in and near 100 with 'em out and all the vents open. It'll often depend on the jacket/brand how well it works with the design. I'm looking to likely get one from Fox Creek and theirs supposedly have a good vent system in good jackets.

·
Registered
15,327 Posts

They sell those at a local shop. Feels like nice quality. Liked it the first time I saw it.

·
living in 3/4 time
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I liked that fact that the skulls are not that accented or visible during the day, but the pop out when lights hit them at night. I never liked wearing a black leather jacket at night, felt to much like gravel road and to many cagers would accommodate that. I rode a 2-3 hours the other day at 32, so they obviously put the venting in the proper place because I never got cold in the core area, just the fingers.

BTW I like the eagle, I don't have any on my bike but I think it looks cool on some that I have seen. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts