Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find sliders for the zx6e. Plenty for the zx6R. Anybody have any luck?

Also cant find performance engine internals, but thats not a huge problem.

TIA

·
Registered
3 Posts
I haven't found any sliders, either!

I am going to try racing this year and have been avidly pouring through websites and companies to find frame sliders for my 1993 ZX6E. I know Intuitive makes swingarm spools, but no frame sliders. :( I am going to see if I can take something and mod it unless you already found a solution? I don't think it will be that hard to do...??

Also, you might want to look at this:

http://www.factorypro.com

I can't get the direct link, but at the very top left nav bar, there is a hard to see link called 'your motorcycle parts'. Click on that, find 'Kawasaki' and then scroll down to find ZZr600/ZX-6E, 93-99 K32.

That link will give you some cool engine performance options. Haven't tried them myself- I'm on a tight budget to make my 6E minimally race sufficient. :(

Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been looking at this problem while rebuilding the E (almost done). The problem is that the motor mounts are a) different on each side b) behind a fairing and c) recessed. The solution I found is to get some universal poly-u sliders, take a hole-saw to the fairing, and use similar grade 8 bolts. Havn'dt done it yet, but once the bike is roadworthy, I think I'm gonna make a weekend project out of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks- already joined up at ZX6E and posted. No word as of yet. Either way, if I hear of a good solution, make my own solution, or find someone that already MAKES the framesliders, I'll post it! :?

TTFN...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Frame slider solution!

:D I found one. The guys on ZX6E.com are saying the Intuitive frame sliders for the 6R will work as a bolt-on option.

One guy says that they "bolt onto the frame, between the upper and lower fairings- just remove the chrome screw there and the sliders bolt right in.... that's it."

I don't know how well they'll do, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. Still, if anyone finds a more solid design specifically for the 6E, lemme know!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I hope you have found some siders or have used the ZX6R ones as a bolt on option just as 'thesasse1' has suggested.
If not try ZX6R.com and ask the guys there on that forum, they maybe able to help.

Good Luck

Corbywan
2000 ZX6R Green
Melbourne AUSTRALIA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts