Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to go with muzzy first off. Now I wonder go slip on or full exhaust ? I heard someone say its better to go with slip/bolt on and leave stock header. Anyone know power gains for either? I want it to be loud also :x , so is muzzy the good choice?

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
If you do a full exhaust you'll get power gains if you do a power programmer also, but a slip on will just sound better.

If you already have a zx10r you probably don't need any power gains. Its simpler and cheaper to do a slip-on

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
absolut_lush said:
I've decided to go with muzzy first off. Now I wonder go slip on or full exhaust ? I heard someone say its better to go with slip/bolt on and leave stock header. Anyone know power gains for either? I want it to be loud also :x , so is muzzy the good choice?
How much more power do you want - the bike only does 150rwhp or their about! If you want more rideable performance I would look at reducing the weight of an already light bike. Adding lighter rims to the mix would probably be the largest gain with Blackstone Tek(BST) carbon fiber rims, a lighter crank ie Muzzy billet made. Muzzy will be louder than stock and sound throatier!

·
Registered
4 Posts
unless your planning on using your bike on the track or running in the 10,000 rpm range on the street constantly, i would just go with the slip on and use all the money you save for something else :)....you really wont see any difference riding around town.....also you may want to check out acrapovic exhausts....thats what i have and am very happy with it....around 6000 rpm, the thing really starts to come alive...

·
NO---I ain't dead--yet
266 Posts
Got the full Muzzy on mine--I love the sound of it----its kind of fun to make the thing rumble when you're coasting down in 2nd or 3rd gear.

Like others have said---with that bike---I would go for the sound instead of performance---as you have a monster bike already.

Funny thing was---I was standing in a parking lot letting my bike warm up---guy on an R1 pulls up---the thing was as quiet as a car---much quieter than even my stock pipes---and I thought that was kinda cool too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts