Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Slowing down enough when exiting the Interstate/Freeway

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  JoeNomad1 
#1 ·
DELETED

#4 ·
Somtimes those ramps have a pretty tight decreasing radius curve too. On an exit ramp near where I used to work, a tipped over 18-wheeler was a weekly occurence.

#7 ·
Yeah, it's a real syndrome you get, I just can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, happens in cars too btw. Going 75 mph for even 15 minutes can do it to ya. You get off the ramp, come to a complete stop, and the next think you know you're going down a 25mph street at 75 because it feels that slow to you

#8 ·
re

i tell ya what,i'm guilty :oops:

i've sqeeeeeezed the tank with my legs a couple of times coming down
a ramp too hot-it only takes a couple of times stopping a 750lb bike
to wake you up :lol:

#9 ·
Stuart said:
Yeah, it's a real syndrome you get, I just can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, happens in cars too btw. Going 75 mph for even 15 minutes can do it to ya. You get off the ramp, come to a complete stop, and the next think you know you're going down a 25mph street at 75 because it feels that slow to you
highway hypnosis

#11 ·
OmahaRider said:
No problems with offramps-----what I've found is that after riding the bike for awhile---when I get in the truck it feels like I'm absolutely crawling no matter what the speedometer says.
Thats cause you're farther away from the ground. Feels real weird when I go from my ninja to my dad's 18 wheeler.

#12 ·
HERE's ONE

We have a decreasing radius ON ramp to I-35 at mile marker 210. You get used to going around the corner as it gets a little faster then towards the end of it it gets real tight and you get a decent acceleation lane, but nobody here uses it. People here usethe onramps to slingshot all the way over to the left hand lane...GOD help you if you are in their way. I'm seriously looking forward to having a highway legal bike for this entrance. I have racing experience in karts (even school), have done some autocross (Washington State), raced motorcycles in Hawaii, on the track and some cane fields, and have had some dirt racing on a couple tracks and my own 10 acres here on the farm. I love the turn, an dwe also have an increasing radius turn going from I-35N to I-435E, with a clear view for about 3/4 mile back, way more than what you need and it is an awesome place just stand on the accelerator and feel the forces at work.

#13 ·
bike to a cage

the first time i went from my bike to my car it felt like i fogot how to drive!!! driving the nissan spec-v is a chore sometimes do to the stiff suspention, u have to fight the car on certain roads to stay in a straight line. heyb the wheather here in AZ. is friggen hot[110] i still wear all my gear, smell kinda funky after long rides! enjoy the cool weather guy and gals, i know i will after the summer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.