Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
If it could really do this ......."Warwick says the potential for using GPS technology within motorcycle helmets is great. It could also be used to detect hazards on the road, including potholes and manhole covers, he says." ...as it says in the article, that would be a good thing. As just a speedo, I don't see people willing to spend the extra money. Maybe a good thing for racers with a speedo/tach display.

You never know though. A lot of good things have come from seemingly unneeded things. They can spark the flame. :wink:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
GPS

I see some better uses for the Military, but I don't think tha twe, the people will see it for a couple more years...even though a system FLIR is used in some new cars for deer and things I don't think we. will be seeing it in commmon vehicles.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Rants&Raves Kawasaki 250 (MOVED)

RANTS&RAVES
Still on the Kawasaki 248cc motorcycles available in USA

MOVED!
Thanks, Ken.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your rants are well intentioned, but if you could not hijack threads they would be even better. Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
5 years should give me enough time to save up for it ;)

Thanks for the link. It's encouraging to finally see things like this getting developed.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Very ingenious.....and cooolWould definitely give us a little more advantage on the road. Every little bit helps.

Heather

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Now all they need to do is rig up a horizon in the hud so you can tell how big your wheelie is and how much lean you have :D

·
Registered
408 Posts
Here's a head's-up display that you can add to an existing helmet and it has some of the same features as the one from the CNN article:

http://www.sportvue.net/

Now, if we could just sync it with a swivel-mounted 30mm cannon, like the U.S. Army's Apache helicopter, and use it to get rid of obnoxious / oblivious motorists when they endanger our lives. :wink:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Neo said:
Here's a head's-up display that you can add to an existing helmet and it has some of the same features as the one from the CNN article:

http://www.sportvue.net/

Now, if we could just sync it with a swivel-mounted 30mm cannon, like the U.S. Army's Apache helicopter, and use it to get rid of obnoxious / oblivious motorists when they endanger our lives. :wink:
AMEN :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts