Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would love to get them for my 04' 1500 classic, but can't seem to find anyone that makes them to fit the stock ones. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

·
Hardcore Poser
151 Posts
check clearalternatives.com sometimes you can find stuff like that there. I am trying to find something a little different than stock to mount on my fender, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for just yet.

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
Try cruiser customizing.......I got em' for my 05 1500, luv em'.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All!

Appreciate all the help. I get the J&P Cycles cat. every year and haven't found them in it to fit my 1500. I will let you know what transpires.

Bobg, do you have a pic what they look like on your bike? Thanks..

·
Registered
357 Posts
any good hobby shop has a transparent paint. I used the red inside of my turn signals and wired them to my break lights. Then I installed turn signals. I used the transparent black on the front and it works great. I need a new bulb for my passing lights and then I will black them out

·
Registered
134 Posts
will the ones from a 900 fit? I know the 900 ones fit another model,but I'm not sure which model.
If the 900 sets DO fit, then BOURNE TRILOGY has some on here !!
PM the guy !!!!
I was in the running for them but I found the sets I needed in Germany.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,

as we´re located in Europe, we have some institution over here which is called TUV... similar to the US FMCSA, but much more restrictive.
Over here, it´s (pitifully) not just buying any sort of flasher and drive around.
All items need to go through an approval process which
a) costs money
b) takes time,
so most companies are not willing to make any efforts in low-volume selling items.
The lenses by Clear Alternatives are not allowed here in Europe.
And that´s the simple reason why we carry a different product over here.

Clear Alternatives (Clear Motorcycle Taillights for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and others by Clear Alternatives) would be the source for US-located customers and bikes.

Go to the Clear Alternatives website.
Then choose Products --> Turn Signals --> Kawasaki --> Cruisers

All Kawasaki Vulcans EXCEPT the new 1700 Models share just two different flasher lenses.
All Vulcan 2000 as well as the Vulcan 1600 Classic and the Nomad have the lenses with a single screw from the bottom.
All other Vulcans (700, 750, 800, 900, all 1500s and the 1600 Mean Streak) share the lenses with two screws through the glass.

If you want to make sure before buying a set, check your lenses :)

For the 1700, we expect clear and smoked lenses to be available by Clear Alternatives around spring 2010.
Our European manufacturer will probably take longer, due to the TUV approval processes.

Cheers,

Titus
VN-Teile.de

·
Registered
134 Posts
Some really good info there Titus.
Welcome to the forum !

Oh yeah, its Phil in Belgium by the way !! :D

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
check clearalternatives.com sometimes you can find stuff like that there. I am trying to find something a little different than stock to mount on my fender, but can't find exactly what I'm looking for just yet.
checked them out, and found the clear ones. Thank you

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try here !

I just bought a load of stuff for my makeover.
I got my smoked lenses thee aswell.

VN-Teile.de - Home

I know its in Germany but he's got lots of stock !!
thanks, I did check them out, but didn't find them. Cool sight though, I put them on my favorites.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi guys,

as we´re located in Europe, we have some institution over here which is called TUV... similar to the US FMCSA, but much more restrictive.
Over here, it´s (pitifully) not just buying any sort of flasher and drive around.
All items need to go through an approval process which
a) costs money
b) takes time,
so most companies are not willing to make any efforts in low-volume selling items.
The lenses by Clear Alternatives are not allowed here in Europe.
And that´s the simple reason why we carry a different product over here.

Clear Alternatives (Clear Motorcycle Taillights for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and others by Clear Alternatives) would be the source for US-located customers and bikes.

Go to the Clear Alternatives website.
Then choose Products --> Turn Signals --> Kawasaki --> Cruisers

All Kawasaki Vulcans EXCEPT the new 1700 Models share just two different flasher lenses.
All Vulcan 2000 as well as the Vulcan 1600 Classic and the Nomad have the lenses with a single screw from the bottom.
All other Vulcans (700, 750, 800, 900, all 1500s and the 1600 Mean Streak) share the lenses with two screws through the glass.

If you want to make sure before buying a set, check your lenses :)

For the 1700, we expect clear and smoked lenses to be available by Clear Alternatives around spring 2010.
Our European manufacturer will probably take longer, due to the TUV approval processes.

Cheers,

Titus
VN-Teile.de
Thanks, I did but seems to be just clear ones. Looks like a great site though!

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
Appreciate all the help. I get the J&P Cycles cat. every year and haven't found them in it to fit my 1500. I will let you know what transpires.

Bobg, do you have a pic what they look like on your bike? Thanks..
I'm sorry I thought I did but can't find it and unfortunately as I have been unable to ride since May, my bike is covered and 3 deep in the garage. I am physically unable to move the 2 in front of it pull the cover and get a picture.

They look almost black and w/the colored bulbs show perfectly when they flash.

·
Doc, I need a road trip!
1,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm sorry I thought I did but can't find it and unfortunately as I have been unable to ride since May, my bike is covered and 3 deep in the garage. I am physically unable to move the 2 in front of it pull the cover and get a picture.

They look almost black and w/the colored bulbs show perfectly when they flash.
Thats ok, hope you get feeling better soon. Thanks for getting back to me.
Take care......Greg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts