Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I call "shenanigans" on claims like this but after watching the Fox News report video (located in the video gallery), I've gotta wonder. Anybody ever use this stuff? Rich Lockyear.... what does your superior brain tell you?? :confused:

Ethos Fuel Reformulator

Go to "pressroom" then choose "video gallery" then play "fox news dallas" .... That's the video that got me to wondering.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Usually I call "shenanigans" on claims like this but after watching the Fox News report video (located in the video gallery), I've gotta wonder. Anybody ever use this stuff? Rich Lockyear.... what does your superior brain tell you?? :confused:

Ethos Fuel Reformulator
The stuff has a mineral oil base. Mineral oil or liquid petrolatum is a by-product in the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline. How can they say it is non toxic?:confused: They also say "without the use of petroleum-derived products" Huh? Yeah, Rich what do you think.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Tough call, but based on my general opinion of oil in the crankcase, coolant in the radiator, and with limited exceptions (Seafoam, Sta-Bil) fuel in the fuel tank, I am very inclined to say:

The problem typically is, even if some of these products actually did what they claim, they are not cost effective.
A 10% improvement in fuel economy (perhaps realistic) would mean a savings of about $6/tank. How much is the additive, when factoring in the time to purchase it.

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update to get Fox video

Ethos Fuel Reformulator

Go to "pressroom" then choose "video gallery" then play "fox news dallas" .... That's the video that got me to wondering.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Tough call, but based on my general opinion of oil in the crankcase, coolant in the radiator, and with limited exceptions (Seafoam, Sta-Bil) fuel in the fuel tank, I am very inclined to say:

The problem typically is, even if some of these products actually did what they claim, they are not cost effective.
A 10% improvement in fuel economy (perhaps realistic) would mean a savings of about $6/tank. How much is the additive, when factoring in the time to purchase it.
According to the video it is $19+ per bottle. I don't know what the other ingredients are, but you can buy a lot of mineral oil for $20.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
Isn't it a multi level marketing like Amway. Now I didn't say or imply anything bad about Amway, just using the name as an example.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts