Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using the MG31 3/8 impact, I have a IM31 and it breaks hammer pins all the time. Snap On guy said they fixed this problem in the MG? If anyone has any feed back I'd love to hear it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I personally work around a bunch of mechanics at this dodge dealership I work for and everyone has always complained at the impacts from snap on. No sure if they are complaining because of that particular problem but they all say they could have gotten a better impact at walmart. I dont use them myself so I cant say from personal experience.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
I use the cheapy Chicago Pneumatic air tools with plenty of oil and never had a problem. I like SnapOn hand tools but could never justify the expense for their air tools.

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
+1 complete agreement with antiq. Just my personal opinion but I hate SnapOn air tools. CP cheap but take a beating and less costly to replace.

·
Registered
22,566 Posts
I don't use snapon, can't afford them. harbor freight is where I get most of my stuff. they are cheap enough that I can replace them once a year without being out much money (haven't had to though). I also use craftsman. I only get the air tools when they go on sale though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MY IM31 is 25 years old and gets the WHEEEEEEEEE used out of it. Never been back for a rebuild. Includes 17 years in a CAR dealership, where 10 times the use as a bike shop is the norm.
WOW! I got 5 years before a rebuild and now I bust a set of pins monthly. I have a 14 year old IR 212 that I use as a back up that has never given any
problems, its just kinda tired. I might go back to Ingersoll and try their new titanium impact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts