Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for feedback on using a snowblower on their Mule 610 4x4? I have a 2008 with Curtis cab and soft doors and snowplow.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
What kind of feedback are you looking for?

There is a limited number of snowblowers still made that fit the Mule, the most common out west is the Snow Hogg, and it is 42" wide and originally designed for ATV's. It is likely the most cost effective, but requires work to adapt to the baby Mule. Once the adapters and mount are made, they mount and dismount in minutes.

There is a Bercomac Vantage 66" or 72" snowblower, and it is only around $6,000 delivered, and can be mounted in less than a day of effort, has its own support dolly wheels, and relies on the Mule winch to lift. But, they are built to order and probably will require waiting until Spring for delivery now.

The Vantage usually comes with a Kohler engine, but the Kohler engine is crap now that they are made in China. So if you order one specify Honda power if you want it to last an entire season or longer.

The only other snowblower, outside of adapting units intended for ATV's, of which I have experience is the Versatile. Seems they are around 54" wide and run around $4,500 with mounting kit, delivered. The ones I have seen require you purchase an engine of your choice with which to power them, and a good Honda engine will run another $800. The downside of the Versatile is the electric chute system. Everyone that I know that has used them ends up frying their electric system or running their battery dead and getting stranded because they keep adjusting the chute and the only Mule with enough of a charging system to handle the load is the diesel versions.

If you are asking if they are a wise investment, my answer is no. Buy a small diesel four wheel drive tractor and a PTO powered snowblower and you have enough power for the tractor and the blower. I picked up a small used Ford 4X4 diesel and a 60" snowblower for under $7,000 and everything works like it should. I had a real nightmare with snowblowers on a diesel mule, as they put a lot of weight on the front end and you have a lot of leverage hanging out in front that tears up the front suspension fairly quickly if you are moving deep snow.

I do like it when others buy snowblower for their UTV's and ATV's, as I can make a lot of dough off the repairs when they break things!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks RCW for your input sounds like it would not be wise to buy one guess I'll stick to my blade for which does a good job so far on the Mule,so for when I need a blower I'll pull out my old stand by push snowblower and use it.

Thanks again RCW

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received today a e-mail from Mayshonda who does the SnowHogg blower and she stated that The standard SnowHogg is too narrow for most UTV's; however, they have developed a Super SnowHogg for using with utility vehicles. It is 60" wide and the control box can be operated from inside the vehicle that's all the info. they sent except for they did send two pics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts