Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm on the way to turn in a paper to my prof, get a call from a girl I've known for years wanting me to come over. I hand in my paper and head on over to her place, wearing only my helmet because I was going a whole five blocks to begin with, (my house to the prof's office), gonna say that I know it was stupid, totally retarded.

Ok, so I'm wearing jeans and boots, tshirt and helmet. Go over to her house, we talk for a while, she says she wants to go for a walk or something to get out of the house. She sees my bike. She wants a ride. I know she's ridden before and all, she's not unfamiliar to the world of motorcycles.

So we get going at a leasurely pace, go out to a great sweeping prairie area, perfect roads that's separated from the other lane, good grass on the edges with a curb.

I come to the top of a hill, going about fifty five and see that the road turns sharp to the left, I'm gonna have to lean into it a bit and maybe slow down. I started leaning and the front tire just gives up gripping.

Somehow, I got it straight up, start slowing down but the curb is coming fast, the back tire locks up cause I wasn't giving the front a lot of brake because it didn't have much grip as it was.

Make a long story short, she rode on top of me across the grass at the edge of the road, across a five foot sidewalk and down into the ditch, me on my stomach. I have major road rash and she has a broken bone in her hand from holding on to me. She was wearing the helmet.

I know I was stupid, I know that I shoulda been in full gear to begin with but I also know that I would have had her put it on and her injuries would have been the same in the end.

Anyway, I'm really pissed that I hurt her in the least. It was me going beyond the limits of my tires. Thing is, the front one is getting long on miles, I haven't had the money to replace it, and I'd been babying it. Wrong idea. Never again.

Also, though I was going faster than I should have for the tire, I wasn't going very fast. If the bike had had fresh tires it woulda been nothing at all. So I get f-ed in the a for not having money once again.

Anyway, don't wish anything for me, just for her. I don't deserve it, it was my fault 100% and I know that.

Learn a lesson from this newbies. I have a lot of miles logged and they still aren't enough when something goes wrong. I know I learned a big one.

Zach

BTW, after I looked after her, the bike was my concern, got to it, looks like I'm going to be able to just take the engine out and put it in my parts bike, kinda screwed up the forks and frame a tad. The bike ended up staying on the road, held there by the curb and came back and hit the curb and did a flip. Not cool.

·
Registered
487 Posts
man, sorry to hear that. the good thing is no one was seriously hurt and you learned a valuable lesson from it. good luck and hope you get back to riding soon.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oye, that's one thing I'm not proud of. I don't think I'll be on a bike for a while until I can afford to have everything up to par.

Might just sell my bike and buy a friend's 305? LTD?. I just need something for transportation and dunno if I want to be on the beast for a while. A nice little bike that treats me good on gas and maintenance would be a pleasant change.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you don't like seeing road rash, I'm gonna give you fair warning. Don't scroll down. It's not bad bad, but not great.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yeah, nice man **** bro. Your right it was ugly. j/k :lol:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As a reply I'm gonna answer with a few quotes as they adequately express my feelings.

I'll cut you foo. (my housemate, he does too)

I'm not fat, I'm big boned.

and finally,

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to slap a bitch?

Assholes. :D

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
might wanna go see a doctor about that road rash. I had about what you have on your hand on both hands and it took almost 2 months to heal. They can't do much, but some antibiotics and prescription ointment will make your skin heal up a lot faster.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What kind of ointment? I already dug out some antibiotics i have left over from a bad case of strep a few months ago. Had a refill and the infection ended. I'm starting those today just in case.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
heineken said:
What kind of ointment? I already dug out some antibiotics i have left over from a bad case of strep a few months ago. Had a refill and the infection ended. I'm starting those today just in case.
Vit E is very good for your skin, I've got some sort of ointment i used on my tattoo that was good for road rash too. 'bactine' or something like that.

·
Registered
269 Posts
jonesie619 said:
Man atleast it's warm weather now and you can wear short sleaves for the worst of it. Last year I had to do this physical fit test for work and my legs ecspecially my right knee looked like your arm. Made removing pants a very slow process.

Heal fast!

·
Registered
182 Posts
heineken said:
As a reply I'm gonna answer with a few quotes as they adequately express my feelings.

I'll cut you foo. (my housemate, he does too)

I'm not fat, I'm big boned.

and finally,

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to slap a b***h?

Assholes. :D
Sorry bro, I didn't mean to insult you. I was just kiddin around. Hope you get better soon. That rash looks terrible.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't take any offense to it. Hey, at least I've got more padding. If I didn't, I prolly would have broken something, right?

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
ouch, not fun. LMAO!!!!!! oh **** thats Wanye Brady son! BRAKE YO SELF FOO!! lol, glad to see your healing, and too finally find someone who watches chapelle's show too

·
Registered
272 Posts
heineken said:
Dude, don't start taking the meds, they can do more harm than good & in some cases are for a specfic illness, not a broad spectrum antibotic.

Be a man & go visit the doc, they will more than likely want to clean out the rash using a weak Betadine solution (broad spectrum topical iodophor microbicide) then give you a tetnus shot, a broad spectrum oral antibotic & some kind of salve/cream.

I know it's not the "macho" thing to do, but it's better than getting a staff infection, but then again as a EMT who pickes up people off the streat & throws then into a ambulance what do I know :roll: :roll: :roll:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts