Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
I ride a liquid cooled bike. It gets hot but but it's never overheated. A properly maintained cooling system is key. I change the coolant every yr or two depending on how badly I've flogged it and keep the radiator clean. Foaming air conditioner cleaner works great for this. Some guys I know have replaced the thermostat with a "cooler" one. Others have added bypass manual switches to manually turn on fans (yes, plural- my bike has 2 fans) earlier. Usually it's used to keep one fan running all the time while the other cycles normally. Florida is typically not the place where these mods happen. I'm talking desert southwest, 110*F in the shade kind of places.

Another option is an ECU reprogram- often called a flash. Ivan's Performance Products is the one I use. It reduced the temperature setpoint at which the fans operate. You'd have to contact him directly for more info.

Reactions: WFO-KZ

·
Super Moderator
2,013 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Florida's heat is not that extreme and any properly designed, liquid cooled bike should handle it. But if your ride is air cooled then that's a whole different story.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts