Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been talking about it...even set a date ( December 15th)

and now it is time for the official announcement of our last forum ride of the year.

Let me say, it has been a blast meeting many of you guys and gals, and I wouldnt trade riding with y'all for the world ( well,maybe a cold beer and a steak).

This ride will take us back to the old west to see the predecessors of our Iron Horses ( is that melodramatic or what). Calico ghost town has many things to do, see a old mine,ride a train, have your pic taken,learn some history................they are rolling out the red carpet for a bunch of leather wearing bikers too.

Afterwards, we will head into my favorite era, and kick off lunch at Peggy Sue's 50's Diner, complete with lifesize statues of Elvis and some killer shakes, they have also offered to accomadate us.

Since the restaurant is sectioned off, I am hoping to get one area just for us.

This is a very family friendly ride, so throw the yung'uns on the back, my daughter will be coming too. It is also open to people who may have family that want to follow in cars and meet the people you ride with.

Staging points are as follows

Lake Forest- 8am, KSU 8:15am at starbuck on Lake Forest Blvd
Buena Park WalMArt - 8:45, KSU at 9am
Screaming Chicken - 10:30am. KSU 11am

for people coming from San Diego...........you could either meet me in Lake Forest, then follow for the second stage point, it does mean an extra 60 miles for ya, or you could head straight up the 15 and meet at the last stage point where Rich will be

anyone needing diercections, dont hesitate to ask.

as usual, this ride is open to all bikes, and all skill levels. All we ask is you respect the other riders, and show up witha full tank of gas. This ride is not technical ( sorry sportie guys), but you have to be able to ride the highway. New group riders,its a great opportunity to learn and get pointers from the experienced guys. No one gets left behind ( although we did lose a few last time, but we found them later .........oooopps)

Friends are welcome, if possible, if you could let us know for head count purposes that would be cool.

We have another group joining us this time, the Left Coast Riders From Redlands, so we should have a good turnout

I look forward to my last ride of the year with y'all......and would love nothing more than to have a long line of bikes going up the highway

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'll try to make it. Hard to nail down the schedule so soon but I got ya penciled in. Maybe my bro Jb can free up that day too so that'll make two of us.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
This will be a combined ride with the Left Coast Riders.
Staging for LCR will be in Redlands at the Shell station on Alabama at I-10.
Meet at IHOP for breakfast at 8:45, KSU 10:00, everyone is welcome if that staging point works out better for you (DORLAN!)
SDBrit/Mini-Me will be leading from Buena Park to Devore, where I will meet the group leading the LCR in from Redlands.

The IHOP is behind the Shell station, so get off the 10 and head south to the driveway before the 1st signal (Industrial), turn in there, top off your tank, park over by the pay phone, and go through the bushes to IHOP.

The Screaming Chicken is a little biker bar at the very end of old Rt 66... it's as far as you can take that leg of 66 before it dead-ends. I selected this as the final staging point because it puts us on the 215 and into the 15/215 interchange in the center lanes so we don't have to fight the trucks and cages to get over into the lanes out of the way of the truck lanes heading up Cajon Pass.
No, I don't think the bar will be open that early :biggrin:

Please arrive at Buena Park with a full tank. There is no gas at the Screaming Chicken (maybe at the lousy burger joint next door), and our first fuel stop will be on Main in Hesperia at the top of Cajon Pass... about 20 miles from the Screaming Chicken, but it's about 70 miles from Buena Park, so it might be pushing it for some of the smaller bikes.
For those meeting directly at the Screaming Chicken, just allow enough fuel for at least another 20 miles from there.
From there, it's another 52 miles to Calico... we can do another fuel stop on the way out around Victorville (another 95 miles for that leg).

Also, I do encourage everyone to have a GOOD breakfast, as we will be heading to Peggy Sue's AFTER Calico... no early lunch for this one. There are food and snacks available in Calico, so if you're the kind of person that can get away with nibbling until lunch, that'll work too.

Like the Malibu ride, we will have multiple groups for this one. It's all slab, but to put it mildly, the LCR follows MSF guidelines and maintains speed just slightly faster than the flow of traffic :biggrin:, though I will be leading the first group, we will still be maintaining 70-75, where on the Malibu ride, I kept it down to 60-65 for the slab portion.

Screaming Chicken is located at:
18169 Cajon Blvd, listed as San Bernardino, but it's actually Devore.

Redlands IHOP:
1630 Industrial Park Ave, Redlands

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I'll try to make it. Hard to nail down the schedule so soon but I got ya penciled in. Maybe my bro Jb can free up that day too so that'll make two of us.
Sweet... it'll be good to ride with you again!

·
Registered
366 Posts
I am in as of this moment.

Hey I was away for a while due to a death in the family..was there a Nov. ride?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I am in as of this moment.

Hey I was away for a while due to a death in the family..was there a Nov. ride?
Sorry to hear that.

No ride for November.... Charity events tend to start around Nov 1, so those have tied up a lot of time when no rides have been scheduled with my club, plus next weekend is always a bad one to plan a ride with everyone out of town.

Even December is tough planning, but Calico just sounded TOO good and my club decided to schedule it. We're literally booked both days every weekend for both months other than next weekend.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I wish I could be in. Lucky basturds...........
Rent a trailer, haul it down to Ventura, then ride it the rest of the way.
The trailer will be our little secret!

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

hold it now.............

GB will bring JB,

I think you know what my next question will be dont ya ??????????

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
hold it now.............

GB will bring JB,

I think you know what my next question will be dont ya ??????????
I'll bring JW... you want red or black?

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Rent a trailer, haul it down to Ventura, then ride it the rest of the way.
The trailer will be our little secret!
One of these years, we are going to ride down. My sister and her family are bugging out of here for the SoCal warmth for the month of January.

·
ATGATT
2,227 Posts
I'm going to try and make it...if I get the new bike before then. As of right now, I have no ride. ='( I'll let you know for sure beforehand. May be cold, but sounds like fun! I also have a friend who may join me if I go...but again, I'll keep you informed. If not this month, definitley in the months to follow.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I'm going to try and make it...if I get the new bike before then. As of right now, I have no ride. ='( I'll let you know for sure beforehand. May be cold, but sounds like fun! I also have a friend who may join me if I go...but again, I'll keep you informed. If not this month, definitley in the months to follow.
You can always cage it... it's a family day and we'll have a few cages bringing up the rear (and moving up and down the line taking photos).

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
One of these years, we are going to ride down. My sister and her family are bugging out of here for the SoCal warmth for the month of January.
You like Mexican food, and we've got a Del Taco on almost every corner :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 103 Posts