Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to start getting a head count for each stage point for the calico ride on the 15th. Anyone who may have missed that thread, it is in the rides and events section.

I will do one mini stage in Lake forest, then on to buena park for the usual walmart meet and greet, then the final stage at the screaming chicken.

For those that are near the 15, I would suggest going straight up to the screaming chicken............15 north to 215 south,yes south, as soon as you get off, there is a nasty wicked turn that says 20mph, I would suggest 20 mph, then a quick right, and look for the guys/gals in leather

for those on the 5 from san diego, If you want to be at the first stage, I will be at the starbucks off lake forest drive.

and of course our usual one at the walmart in buena park.

As always..........all riders and bikes are welcome, but you must be okay at highway speeds.

This one is most definetly a family fun event, so passangers are encouraged, and cages following are more than welcome

Lake Forest- 8am, KSU 8:15am at starbuck on Lake Forest Blvd
Buena Park WalMArt - 8:45, KSU at 9am
Screaming Chicken - 10:30am. KSU 11am

here is the original thread

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/rides-events-rallies/60900-socal-december-ride.html

for those newer to group riding, or that have any concerns, Rich ( our ride leader) or myself would be happy to answer them

For those that cant make it..........it has been an honor riding with y'all this year

Mark

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Also, for anyone in Redlands/Loma Linda or east of there, LCR staging is at the Shell Station at Alabama and Industrial just off of the 10.
Meet 9:45, KSU 10:00
Breakfast at IHOP 8:30.

I DO strongly suggest a good breakfast before this ride, as we will be having lunch at Peggy Sue's AFTER we leave Calico.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'll meet the group in Buena Park.

Is anyone riding back to BP or there-abouts? The last 2 rides I rode home by myself. Also, Mark - I haven't seen the ending time for the ride at the destination. Can't wait to ride with you all again.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Leaving Devore at 11, with a fuel stop in Hesperia, probably about 11:30, I expect that we'll get to Calico around 12:30.

From there, timing is kinda' up in the air. None of us have been there in years, so I don't know how long we'll be. Some may want to take the tour of the haunted shack, while others may want to shop.

I'm thinking we'll PROBABLY be ready to scoot around 2 or 2:30, then a stop at Peggy Sue's for a late lunch literally at the onramp to the freeway.

Probably another fuel stop in Barstow and on down the hill.
Northern LA guys may at this point want to break off at Victorville and head across to the 14.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far

Rich - ride leader : screaming chicken
Me - all stage points
Vulcan 500 - Buena park
Jesus - probably the chicken
David - CHicken
LCR - sheel / chicken

I think most people will be close to hom by 5, I'm bringing the brat, so I wont be out too late on dark highways

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Any Valley guys going? I would like to meet somewhere in our area? I would hate to ride alone way up there...

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
I guess I could add, for the High Desert Rats, instead of coming down the hill, they can meet us at the gas station across from In 'N Out on Main & the 15 around 11:30 or so when we make our fuel stop.
I know we've got a couple of members in Hesperia who expressed interest.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Any Valley guys going? I would like to meet somewhere in our area? I would hate to ride alone way up there...
Throw K6 on the back and you'll have someone to talk to :biggrin:

I know Razor can't make it, but you can probably hook up with some of the LA-VROC guys...
Mark, can you get John some contact info for some of the guys from LA?

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will do...........I've gotta check my numbers for plasma, about 6 are going so far, I know some are staging in le verne, is that close to the valley ?

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
okay

Me - all stage points
Vulcan 500 - Buena park
David - CHicken
LCR - sheel / chicken
jesus
claudio
george O
sdshadow - maybe

now where is dorlan,gb, upi, and calvin ?

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
will do...........I've gotta check my numbers for plasma, about 6 are going so far, I know some are staging in le verne, is that close to the valley ?
Nahh... LaVerne is next to San Dimas at the 57/210, not far from the Chicken.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me - all stage points
Vulcan 500 - Buena park
David - CHicken
LCR - sheel / chicken
jesus
claudio
george O
sdshadow - maybe
iamsmiling

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Me - all stage points
Vulcan 500 - Buena park
David - CHicken
LCR - sheel / chicken
jesus
claudio
george O
sdshadow - maybe
iamsmiling
xavier
elmer
scott
pete
some other HD guys

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Plasma....can you PM me your E-mail address, I am gonna have Jesus contact you, he knows where all the LA guys come from

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am here guys....please excuse my absent. :)

Mark aka Mr. President & 1st Member of DFC.........................Can I join yah? :D

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Mark aka Mr. President & 1st Member of DFC.........................Can I join yah? :D
No. Your bike makes the rest of ours look bad.

Go get a Virago and you can join again :biggrin:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very funny O' Fearless Mighty fine leader you....won't you go shopping for a Vespa with me? This way, I can cherish the opportunity of working from the bottom up:biggrin:

No. Your bike makes the rest of ours look bad.

Go get a Virago and you can join again :biggrin:

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Very funny O' Fearless Mighty fine leader you....won't you go shopping for a Vespa with me? This way, I can cherish the opportunity of working from the bottom up:biggrin:
My buddy's got two in his garage... a red one and a white one.
Want one?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts