Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 1600 classic with some decent sized throw overs from the PO. With 3 sons in travel hockey and college coming up, I have to be careful with every dollar spent on the bike.

But today, I couldn't help it. At lunch, I spent a 1/2 hour looking at awesome hardside bags - both leather and Nomad like. $800 here, $600 there, $400 there. Dreaming that dream.

Came home to great weather and wife and kids out of the house. Pretty cool once in a while. Went for a 100 mile loop ride; you know, just checking to see how that new NC Two Up Shield is working out... Great ride. All rural, some terrain and twisties (for IL anyway).

Stopped off half about way in Hinckley for a cold beer. Cold cold cold beer. Free peanuts. WAY too easy. Second went down too easy as well. "Better get home, these are too smooth." You know, nothing but trouble if I stay.

Enjoyed the ride home. Wind at my back, no traffic, a little welcome cooling, and the sun goin' down. Nothing on the schedule for tonight, so when I got back to my town, I stopped off for a 12 pack. Got home, cleaned the bike, and two beers later it occurred to me.

That twelver fit just fine in one of my bags.

So, since I DO have a rack for strapping on more gear when I need it, I think I'll use that money I wanted to spend at lunch today on lowers, a lot of gas, and a dinner with my wife.

Great weather today here in Illinois...

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Good on ya for find'in plum good use for yer Saddle bags. That is a deal breaker I do believe..must be able to fit a 12 'er in there nice 'n cozy like. A possible secondary consideration?.....:eek:

·
Strat Man ... ok, PRS too
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good on ya for find'in plum good use for yer Saddle bags. That is a deal breaker I do believe..must be able to fit a 12 'er in there nice 'n cozy like. A possible secondary consideration?.....:eek:
Now THAT'S fitting all you need in one bag.:-D

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Make your own lowers and you can buy a lot more beer!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts