Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to find out if i could lower a ninja 500r to my height 5'5" and be comfortable. anyone know if thats possible?

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
There are a few things that can be done to lower a bike but only within limits. How much did you need to lower it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well honestly im not exactly sure how tall it is stock. i just figured that it will be to tall for me anyway.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Well you'd probably need to sit on one and determine how much lower it would need to be before you could ride safely. I'm not real familiar with the model but some of the things used to lower them are lowering links, shorter shocks, sliding fork tubes up in the triple tree, and shaving some foam out of the seat. If your looking at needing much more than a couple of inches lower then you might be out of luck but I'd try asking over in the sportbike/streetbike section and see what they have to say.

·
Time to Ride
7,572 Posts
at 5'5" actually you are close, am only 2 inches taller and I have no where near any issues on it (except for being old and belonging on a cruiser)

I would suggest a simple answer, you might shave the seat down, or get some memory foam, remove the stock crap, take it to an upholster, and fill it with a little less

1 - 6 of 6 Posts