Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:frown: My son is in Iraq and I haven't started his bike in a month the battery is to low to start the bike, how do i charge the battery and where is it?
The bike is a 2007 Kawasaki ZZR600. Thanks in advance

·
RideOrDieWarren
652 Posts
Battery should be under the seat.

As far as charging, get a trickle charger. There are different manufactorers, google "trickle charger."

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I got a Smartshot last year, specifically because it will ramp back on the charge when it senses the battery''s charged. Supposedly it'll do some sort of cycle to unsulphate a battery as well, but I haven't had to find out how well that works. ;)

It's part number YUA1201501, second one on the Yuasa Battery Charger page.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply

I assume it's 12 volts I have a regular car battery charger will that work and any advice on getting to the battery? Again Thanks

·
Patriot Guardian
2,469 Posts
your going to have to remove some plastic trim around the seat area and then there should be a bolt on each side holding the actual seat on if its anything like my zx6r. Where is he at in Iraq? I'm up North west of Kirkuk on a small MiTT team fob called Gaines Mill.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Battery Tender Plus....

You can leave it connected 24/7 until he comes home.

They list for $60, but Chaparral has them for $35 plus a couple bucks shipping (maybe $8 or $9).
- Chaparral Motorsports

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the info

He's in Southern bagdad Rustimiah(not sure of the spelling). We use Skype to stay in touch with web cam which helps alot.
MP Turret gunner on Humve should be comming home in June:D
My car charger had a 2 amp setting I used that and got the bike started before I read the post about do not use care charger:eek: Oh well I figured since it was low amp it would be ok starts on it's own now so hopefully I didn't mess any thing up..Thanks again for all the help guys...Happy New Year

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's in Southern bagdad Rustimiah(not sure of the spelling). We use Skype to stay in touch with web cam which helps alot.
MP Turret gunner on Humve should be comming home in June

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
2 amp shouldn't hurt it.... the battery should be at least a 14ah and would be able to handle 2 amps without a problem.

You just don't want to hit it with 50 or 60.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Tell him "Thanks" from all of us.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Getting to the battery requires removing one bolt, this one.

Just open the trunk, undo this bolt and remove the bracket, the seat will lift off revealing the battery.

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
MP Turret gunner on Humve should be comming home in June:D
My car charger had a 2 amp setting I used that and got the bike started before I read the post about do not use care charger:eek: Oh well I figured since it was low amp it would be ok starts on it's own now so hopefully I didn't mess any thing up..Thanks again for all the help guys...Happy New Year

If it's a 2A max charger, it should be OK. If it is "smart" enough to taper off and also has temp compensation, you can leave it on indefinitely. If not, just use it for about 8 - 10 hours maximum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts