Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all those that reside in the UK, Sons of Anarchy will finally hit these shores on May 12th on the Bravo channel!

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
What the heck is that
A fictional soap opera based on an outlaw motorcycle club east of San Francisco.
Good entertainment it is. A documentary on the biker culture it isn't.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Just what we need more imported crap TV, must be good if the only channel to buy it is Bravo, who watches Bravo?
Consider it payback for sending us "Absolutely Fabulous" :biggrin:

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Consider it payback for sending us "Absolutely Fabulous" :biggrin:
:eek:

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE AB-FAB????

to be fair i haven't watched it in years, but i remember it being hillarious.

Bravo do fun shows about sex and violent. Only beaten by Men & Motors (substitue 'violence' with 'cars')

I'll check out the show.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For all those that reside in the UK, Sons of Anarchy will finally hit these shores on May 12th on the Bravo channel!
I was talking to someone about the show a few days ago and we wondered when and where it might be on UK tv, next day the adverts for it began - think it's unfortunate that it's on Bravo, no one will see it.

I downloaded the whole first season using the Pirate Bay anyway - but glad it will be on tv here in the UK, maybe another channel will pick it up after the summer; I remember that show Heroes was on the Sci-fi channel (which I don't watch) when it was first broadcast in the UK, which I suspect is watched by less people than Bravo, but now it's on the biggest channel in UK - the BBC, and is one of their most advertised-for shows.

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
:eek:

HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE AB-FAB????

to be fair i haven't watched it in years, but i remember it being hillarious.
LOL!

I loved Python, hated the Goodies (Python was genuinely funny without props, Goodies relied too much on props), didn't care for Benny Hill, loved Prisoner, and liked the few Fawlty Towers shows I've seen.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
LOL!

I loved Python, hated the Goodies (Python was genuinely funny without props, Goodies relied too much on props), didn't care for Benny Hill, loved Prisoner, and liked the few Fawlty Towers shows I've seen.
Faulty Towers is iconic. You should get your hands on all the episodes Rich. Absolute comedic brilliance.

You should be up here, and see how p'd off the blue-hairs are over the re-scheduling of Coronation Street during the hockey playoffs. I think they may revolt and burn the CBC building down soon. :p

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
LOL!

What about Mr. Bean?
:D

Faulty Towers is iconic. You should get your hands on all the episodes Rich. Absolute comedic brilliance.

You should be up here, and see how p'd off the blue-hairs are over the re-scheduling of Coronation Street during the hockey playoffs. I think they may revolt and burn the CBC building down soon. :p
I HATE Coronation Street... i cant believe anyone likes it, let alone people who don't live in the UK

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
What about Mr. Bean?
Haven't seen the movies, what short clips I've seen on TV, didn't care for.
Not really big on the overly silly... Python could really push it at times. It was strange the way their shows were laid out with the skits... either the entire show was awesome, or the entire show sucked.

One of the big differences between Python and US shows like Saturday Night Live, and especially Mad-TV, is that the US shows tend to carry a theme or a joke WAY too far... kinda like a 9 year old that has to tell the same joke in 6 different situations. It was funny the first time, entertaining the 2nd time because he found a way to work it into a different situation, but it became annoying the 3rd through 6th times (he didn't tell it a 7th time because he was duct-taped :wink: )

Python takes a little more intelligence to "get" some of the jokes. Mad-TV and SNL, outside of the double entendre, seem to be written to 5 year olds.
Even when I'm being entertained, I like to think, which is one reason that I really do enjoy satire and parodies.

I can't stand "Carrot Top". Without his box of props, he wouldn't have a show.... yet I enjoy Gallagher... still prop based, but he really makes you think.
He got too "fluffy bunny" later in his career though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Rich,

You have you seen any Blackadder episodes?

·
Is it 2012 yet!!??
538 Posts
When I lived in Moscow, we only got a few tv stations, one of which was BBC. So we lived off of AB FAB, Ready steady cook, and the one closest to the soap opera theme of Sons of Anarchy: East Enders.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts