Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.
my name is sean and i currently live in norcross, ga. 19, and looking for a cheap mean of transportation for school and work. i love bikes, my dad got me into them since...well, since i was born =).
i love both classic standards and sportbikes. not a cruiser fan.
cafe racer's all the way though.
had my dads old 83 gs550, but didn't have the money to get it running or a way to get it down here when i moved, so i ended up giving it a good home by giving it to a friend of mine who fixes up old suzuk's.
so anyways, i am quite fixated on getting myself a ninja 250. it's cheap =)
monthly paymets wouldnt be too bad. and right now i am out of school, looking to get back into school, so working two jobs. so i definitly need something other than my legs to get me there. and i can bum rides only so much.

i plan on taking the MSF class pretty soon, get my permit, and go put a down payment on the bike =). i wanna get the 04 model, color white with orange accents.

just wanted to say hello, i've been lurking for a few days and reading up on the forums.

cheers,

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

welcome pocetsean :wink:

glad you found us! good choice of scoot,sounds like you got a plan

ride safe!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Welcome to the board.

If it's not a matter of getting a new bike, you will be able to save some money after the season with people selling thier 04 used bikes???

In any event - enjoy the future new ride.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Freakinout said:
Welcome to the forum, looks like you have a good plan.
NO! NO! That's not a good plan! That's a GREAT plan!

He sounds like a smart kid to me. The only thing I would suggest differently is to buy a $1200-1500 used one instead of a $3500 new one. Used costs more up front, but then you don't have those payments, and insurance is a lot cheaper.

Overall, it sounds like a great plan: lots of dirt bike experience, family moral support, taking the MSF, and choosing a great first bike. Kudos to you!
Curt

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no dirt-bike experience.

havent lived with my mom for awhile, she's totally against the motorcycle idea. had a bad experience with some (even though she's admitted to going to woodstock on the back of one... :shock: ) but she'll get over it.

my dad used to have one. but he had it when i didn't live with him...so i've never gotten to ride one.

i remember watching the great escape motorcycle chase scene and falling in love with motorcycles.

and then i was introduced to marlon brando =)

and thanks all for the support.

oh and i think i'd rather start off with new...break it in myself, and having something that is :MINE: =) its the materialistic part of me...i can't get ride of it =P but the monthly payments aren't that bad. working 2 jobs, a waiter by day, and working UPS by night. i can splurge a little =)

·
Registered
68 Posts
With two jobs when are you going to find time to ride for the fun of it and not going to work and back. Ohwell i guess riding to work can be fun, still sound like you have it all set!! have fun ride safe 8)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Way to go pocetsean, sounds like you have a clue as to what to do.
I also like the idea of a new bike because of breakin, also warrenty. Just don't get above your means. Working two jobs to do the things you want is great, but save money for your future. Great to have you here and also I am proud to see a young man that is not afraid to work. good luck to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im allready saving.

and the good thing about working at UPS...tuition assistance. =)
so i got school set up. just gotta figure out what for though.
ups pays enough for a technical school no problem.
so basically my earing are my own =P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts