Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the way in on the cycle this morning I pass 3 cars plodding along. Speed limit was 55mph...lead car is doing maybe 50mph on a empty rual road. I pass the lead car and pull back over (going may 70-75mph and as I go to slow down........a **** deer jumps out in front of me so close I coulda touched the suca!! It's back hoof hit my front tire and caused him to trip and I swear I could hear the scramble of his hoofs on the asphalt! One milisecond sooner and it woulda been toast for the two of us! That shot of addrenilin at 7 AM woulda woke the living dead! My heart was still racing 30 mins later when I got to work! Holy Cow! (or deer!) :eek:

·
I'm NOT the boss
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...at least I was dressed for it. FF helmet, heavy duty leather jacket with another one underneath. gloves, jeans, chaps, and boots. I mighta just bounced but wouldnt want to put it to the test!!! :biggrin: :lol:

·
kwaka4life
61 Posts
I had been to a classic bike meet in Paris France a few years ago, was in a large van with trailer on back full of very expensive Kawasaki's , including a genuine Kawasaki H1r race bike, a deer ran out in front of me and whilst trying to miss it i nearly flipped the van and trailer. I hit the deer and knocked it into the side of the road, i pulled over to check the van and saw a car behind me pull over to finish the deer off and take it away.
Turns out that you cannot take a dead deer if you hit it as it is classed as poaching or something but someone else can as its classed as road kill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.