Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sturgis,never been have you?would the harley boys run us out of town or thumb their noses at us or treat us with contempt? i've noticed many on the forum seem to have 500r's. i think it would be kind of cool to do a convoy up to cycle-land. many seem to be from the south. just a thought. it would be cool to meet each other. by no means would i consider this a 500r thing, all kawasaki riders included. any thoughts? fulltilt.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm still planing going to Sturgis on my ZX-9R. I'll be going with some of my friends who will be on Harley's. One of my good friends rides a 2003 Sporster but she started out on a Kawi sport bike.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I asked the "Will Harleys run us out" question about the rally I'm going to in Red River, NM :) I wish I could hit Sturgis, but too far and not enough money... plus I don't think my 'rents would let me since I just got my bike in Nov.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sturgis is alright. Lots of cool stuff to see if you have never been there before. Lots of shows and concerts go on too. All of the naked women that you may have heard of you really don't want to see, unless you are wearing your trusty beer goggles. The black hills offers lots of great rides. Especially around mount Rushmore. Last year was the first year I went with a bike and it was awesome.

The Harley guys won't mess with ya. Alot of them are just posers or have other bikes besides harleys. Just be prepared to feel real out of place. The worst of the hard core guys just stare at you like you are wearing a rainbow shirt, daisy dukes, and riding a vespa.

If you do come be prepared to camp, as all the motel rooms in a 75 mile radius are booked up a year in advance

Oh, sturgis is usually the first full week in August

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
When I said my friends, I ment OLDer friends hehe. I'm 21 and they are like early 40s. They have been there quite a few times and they asked me to go with em. There are other sport bikes but not many there. I would recomend not doing any stunts as there are lots of plane cloths cops there and they will make you pay cash for infractions. A few burn-outs or wheelies could get expencive :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts