Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a great riding day yesterday. Rob (Spaceprobe) and I took part in a rideout along the South Coast of England. It turns out that Rob is as decent a bloke in real life as he is on the forum. And his taste in cruiser's is impeccable - exactly the same as mine, apart from some minor differences in bling.

Rob had a great idea; what about a meetup of the Southern England cruiser riders?

I would like to suggest Boxhill in Surrey as a reasonably central meeting point and the weekend of the 16th/17th of May 2009.

Post up if you're interested and what day(s) you could make it on that weekend. If there's a positive response, we'll set the day and time.

List time:
Rocket 88 - 16th or 17th

·
Registered
93 Posts
Great idea! I can do Saturday 16th. I was up at the Ace yesterday afternoon and was hoping to meet a VN900 rider or two to exchange notes/chat but mine was the only one there (kinda cool though) and there were a lot of bikes there yesterday.
Let us know.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Patrick you make me blush. sadly I will be in Berlin that weekend for a post birthday treat but I guess it will give you lot a chance to talk about me, think about me over a cup of tea at Boxhill. Dont touch the food it leaves a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patrick you make me blush. sadly I will be in Berlin that weekend for a post birthday treat...
Credit where credit's due; it was a good idea.

No worries about not making it on the 16th/17th. If it's a success, it could be something to do on a regular(ish) basis.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
shyte, i can't do that weekend actually :(
going down to Devon with t'missus.

sowwy.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BUMP!

OK guys, what about the 14th of June instead?

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
14th of June... 2 days before my birthday :biggrin:

Haven't decided what i'm doing for it yet but i imagine i'll be doing whatever it is on the Saturday night, so will have a bit of a hangover on the Sunday.

What kinda time did you want to meet? :biggrin:

13th might be a better option for me...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fair enough. 13th June it is. Say 11.30am at Box Hill?

Rob, we can take the scenic route up if you like.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
Awesome. 13th June, 11:30am at Box Hill it is :)

any ideas for a ride route?

Adrian, wanna meet at the petrol station on the Brentwood roundabout at 10:30, so we can hop onto the M25 and ride there together?
Is your bro gonna come too?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Patrick you make me blush. sadly I will be in Berlin that weekend for a post birthday treat but I guess it will give you lot a chance to talk about me, think about me over a cup of tea at Boxhill. Dont touch the food it leaves a lot to be desired.
If you have the double bacon and cheese burger you wont need to eat for a week! my arteries are clogging just thinking about it!

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
If you have the double bacon and cheese burger you wont need to eat for a week! my arteries are clogging just thinking about it!
mmmmmmm.
so are we gonna eat there then go for a jaunt around the countryside?
or go for a jaunt and find a country pub?

all good motorcycle trips are based around food. :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
We could meet at Boxhill then go on to Newlands corner and if you fancied it we could head of to the new Harley dealership near Guildford?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts