Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well aside from my Mustang seat which I get next week I finished the mod's I wanted to do this winter so here's a few pics. I leave the bags on her most of the time as I commute on my bike. Just in time as the weather is going to hit hi 50's by the weekend :grin:

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
One GORGEOUS Meanie~!

There's no doubt about it Flyinsouth..... That is one looker you got there! :wink: I could just sit and drool..... Oooops! Sorry! Must contain myself! :grin:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
Chromequeen said:
There's no doubt about it Flyinsouth..... That is one looker you got there! :wink: I could just sit and drool..... Oooops! Sorry! Must contain myself! :grin:
no CQ, let your hair down, we won't mind...

nice looking ride there Flyin, specially like the colormatched radiator cover, very sweet.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
Hey that's a good lookin' bike.
I am still waiting for my mod's to arrive. What sort of air cleaner is that? I like the looks of it. Did you get a power commander module as well? (As I type the Canada Post guy just dropped off my new side mount bracket )
Anyway, post another picture once you get your seat on.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used a Thunder Air, Round Fluted and installed a TFI unit which I've been very happy with. I like to be able to tinker and TFI let's me do that a little easier, and it's cheaper too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Gorgeous Meanie, FS - I love the rear end - clear lenses and all that. Is that the original with just clear lenses? Pegs, grips, and mirrors - just the right stuff in the right places. I really like how crisp and clean the bike looks - very sweet ride.

....now we all got some catchin' up to do......

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brancher said:
Gorgeous Meanie, FS - I love the rear end - clear lenses and all that. Is that the original with just clear lenses? Pegs, grips, and mirrors - just the right stuff in the right places. I really like how crisp and clean the bike looks - very sweet ride.

....now we all got some catchin' up to do......
Tx.

The rear end is a COBRA clean up kit for a Meanie. The orginal hangs quite a bit lower and looks bulky and with my Saddlebags on a side mount wouldn't work for me. The rear light is an LED with a clear lens, the others are amber lights with a clear lens, same as the front. I just personally like a clear lens as it really seems to clean up the front/rear.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
flynsouth said:
Tx.

The rear end is a COBRA clean up kit for a Meanie. The orginal hangs quite a bit lower and looks bulky and with my Saddlebags on a side mount wouldn't work for me. The rear light is an LED with a clear lens, the others are amber lights with a clear lens, same as the front. I just personally like a clear lens as it really seems to clean up the front/rear.

You know, I never thought about the conflict between a side mount plate and saddlebags. Duh. Given that saddlebags are next on the list I may have to figure somethin' out. I have the clear taillight and LED bulb combo also and you are right about how it looks.
I love my Meanie.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jgr1502 said:
Now I see what type of bags to put on mine. Those look great. Does'nt hurt the lines of the bike at all
I like the Saddleman bags and the large size seems to fit the bike. Too bad your selling yours, I've always loved that maroon/red paint job and the ghost flames have always been my favorite add.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chromequeen said:
Thanks CQ, no doubt emotion is what this sports all about so go at it! I read somewhere about men trying to oversome some shortcoming with their toys. Well if Southern Meanie is a looker then the balance has been maintained :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Flynsouth, Great job!!! I have a few questions.What are you using for a plate light? Where did you get the radiator trim, and how did you relocate the rectifier (sp?). I tried putting my pics in, but it says they are too big.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
brian said:
Flynsouth, Great job!!! I have a few questions.What are you using for a plate light? Where did you get the radiator trim, and how did you relocate the rectifier (sp?). I tried putting my pics in, but it says they are too big.
Thanks Brian,

I don't have/need a license plate light but could easily hook one up to the COBRA mount. Just take the hookup from the original harness into an LED over the plate and fasten it in via tie wraps or something. Have to look a little more to make sure it was clean but don't se a real problem.

Bought the matching paint from color rite and self painted the rad trim (also did the rear tail lights where they are black rubber, to be installed yet and a helmet) , took the original rectifier mount and ground/cut it down to mount it underneath via the bolt hole on the drivers right hand side beside the new pipes (can pix if you'd like), be easier to explain if you want to chat over the phone.

Take your pics and resize them down to about 85KB (just shrink them in your phtoeditor) and that should work. Let me know if you need some help.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Look's good FNS. like Spok said I like the matching rad. cover.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

smooooooth :wink: the pics don't do the color justice though :grin:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Flynsouth Ole buddy,You do have a good looking ride there! Hey,i was up in your neck of woods last Sunday. Came up to the big flea market over at the state fairgrounds. Are you close to there?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts