Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont know if anyone will be able to help me as im wondering if the plug gap on my bike should be set any different from standard as its fitted with a stage 3 dynojet kit.
The bike is zxr 750 j1, and it has ngk cr9e plugs with a 0.7mm gap.
The plugs were changed a couple of weeks back and since then the bike no longer kicks like it did at 10,000rpm

cheers
chunky

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
sounds about right , your in the typical .28-.35" range. so are you sure your just not USED to the power ?? :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right ive had the thing to bits, all four plugs have no colour on the electrode, air filter stinks of fuel and speaking to a couple of guys i was out with yesterday they reporting my bike smelling of fuel as i went past them......could understand one carb running rich but baffling me as why they all seem to be.
it has been said about being used to the power :lol: thats just giving me an excuse for a new blade :wink:

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
make sure all your VENT LINES from the carbs and tank are NOT CLOGGED/PINCHED. what does the airbox look like inside ? wet/dry ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll go and check the vent pipes, the filter housing is dry but filter has been out since this morning.
the foam strip from around the filter is partially missing, when i enquired about a new one the guy told me they are washable.
thanks for the help so far

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
chunky said:
one the guy told me they are washable.
thanks for the help so far
they are only washable if they are a FOAM/K&N type filter. stock paper filters are NOT WASHABLE.
your welcome. hope i can help

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it is a k&n style filter, just slides in place at the side of the airbox.
The vent pipes i could see are clear and not kinked in anyway, cant believe an engine service can cause this many probems.
Anyway sleep time for me, thanks again for the ideas..........ive a feeling its something daft and i'll kick myself when i find it

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like you need to visit a performance tuner. NOW NOW NOW . We all neeed to pay the piper at some point. pay the man for what he knows. Find a good bike shop and go bud.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
ya man, if your running an aftermarket filter then you need to jet it for more air flow. get a stage one FACTORY PRO kit. sounds like your going way lean up top if your loosing power there.
good luck :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got a stage 3 dynojet in it already, is that the same as the factory kit?
I'll make some enquiries today try and find someone with a rolling road that can see what the thing is doing.
thanks folks

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
chunky said:
got a stage 3 dynojet in it already, is that the same as the factory kit?
I'll make some enquiries today try and find someone with a rolling road that can see what the thing is doing.
thanks folks
If I am not mistaken, Dynojet only made a stage 1 kit for your bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts