Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 08 vulcan 900. I am wondering does the gas tank have to be taken off to change the spark plugs

·
Kawabunga dudes!
230 Posts
I lift the tank at the back to get easier access to the rear spark plug, but only because it's just two bolts to do so. Absolutely no need to remove the tank though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I undid the 1 screw under the seat (rear of the tank) so I could life it up. Using the tool supplied w/ the bike it was very easy. Next time I'll try it without taking that bolt out and see if it is still easy for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I got the rear one no problem without lifting the tank but had to take off the bolts and slide the tank off to get to the front one. But I did get them changed. Before I changed the spark plugs the bike wouldn't turn over. I checked the spark plugs when I got them out and they had lots of spark. When I put the new ones in the bike fired up with no problem. I put some seafoam in the tank and ran it around town for 20minutes until the exhaust cleared and now it runs like new. Any idea why with the new spark plugs it runs perfect?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts