Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Back in traffic
675 Posts
Yep. A fellow down the street has an 81 that he rides on a regular basis.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The pic of two above....

are mine. Both are up, licensed, and ridden daily. I swap them off to confuse people. They always ask if I had put a new windshield or seat on it. The one on the right I bought in 1994, not running. It had a bad coil. I went through the bike and got it up in no time. The second bike I bought off ebay last fall and spent the last 6 months getting it up and running. The bikes were made in 10-81 and 11-81. The last two digits of the serial numbers are the same. I have been riding 4 cylinder Kawasakis since the first one came out in 73. These are my 4th and 5th Kawasaki 4 cylinder bikes. I had to put a new tank on the newer bike. the original had too many pinhole leaks even though the tank was creamed. Instead of the wine color, the new tank is silver.......chris3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have an 83 gold and black was my fathers he bought new . still runs great i repainted it last year .but noticed rear shock leakin anyone else have that problems been trin to find them would like to keep original parts seem scares especially on prince edward island

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ive got an 82, you should be able to still order that stuff from the dealer... I love mine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ride my 83 Spectre 1100D daily. It is a fun bike and starts instantly! Completed the restoration over a year ago. Hardest part to find (BY FAR) was the Black and Gold Seat Grab Bar. Took me over a year to find a mint one! Awesome bike especially for someone like that is a 22yr retired USAF Aerial Gunner on AC-130 SPECTRE Gunships! I HAD to find one and restore it! I have 2 HDs as well but normally ride my Spectre!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts