Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a 1982 KZ750 N-1 Spectre and need to repair or replace some parts. Specifically, I am looking for the rubber boots for the rear shock absorbers. The ones on the bike have deteriorated quite a bit and should be replaced. I have looked at several of the sites mentioned in the list at the top of this page but have not found anything there. I have not had much luck searching the web either so I am hoping you guys can help me out.
Thanks in advance
John
20210302_164900.jpg

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I saw one on EB (#362544340940).
From the cross-reference at Partzilla those boots were only used on the 750 Spectres. The 1000 Spectres are different. Yours are kind of a unique shape.

Possible fitment. From a simple EB search for shock gaiter the Honda GL1200 had similar boots. see #154316299707. I didn't do an exhaustive search, I just looked at the GLs on the first page. Good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Martin, I'll check that out.
Thanks

WFO, 3D printed from rubber? I didn't know that was even a thing. Wouldn't I need the actual dimensions/specifications to get that done?
Thanks

John

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
Yes, they have rubber like compounds that can be used with 3D printers. You would need the dimensions, but I suggest you can measure the attachment points on your existing shocks and there is nothing critical about the accordion pleats other than overall length and that can be an educated guess.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not know that. I'll look into it. May be the best way to get replacement boots.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,907 Posts
If your prototypes work, you could print a few extras and try selling them.

Check out this thread where a member 3D printed a rubber duct to connect his airbox to his carb. Part was no longer available.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
John42, can you post the shock boot dimensions? Or at least the upper shock housing O.D.
I'm curious to see if the Honda boots would work. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
From another forum I was able to get a measurement.
The Honda aftermarket boots might be useable.
The Spectres are 68mm ID & the lip inside is 65mm ID.
So I guess the Honda boots would be a tight fit. ???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts