Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I just go my 2004 Ninja 500r and road to work the first time today. I notice that when I went to lunch on it the speedo quit working. I imagine it is a lose wire or something like that, does anyone know what or where I could check for that? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
fpw23 said:
hi, I just go my 2004 Ninja 500r and road to work the first time today. I notice that when I went to lunch on it the speedo quit working. I imagine it is a lose wire or something like that, does anyone know what or where I could check for that? Thanks in advance.
yeah, coming from the front wheel is a cable that goes to behind the speedo. You just need to screw it back in, my 01 and my friends 04 have both had to have this done. you might have to take off your top/front fairings to get a good position to put the cable back in.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ya that darn cable comes undone alot. Only happened to me once, freakinout twice. I'll never forget the last time it happened to him.... :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks everyone for the replies, yeah yesterday before I left I went out there and figured it out, it was pretty simple like I though, the only bad thing was since I rode it like that yesterday for while the mileage counters were wrong and I misjudged the gas this morning, had to switch to reserve on the ride in. So do any of you know of an after market gas gauge out there, I have done some looking but have not found anything.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I don't know of any aftermarket gas gauges, I wish there was a fuel light or something at like 1/3 of the tank, but when my speedo messes up I just go refuel after I get it fixed so I won't be off while riding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts