Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one else tried this. I have an 06 2000 Classic LT and found my speedo to be way out. Confirmed it with a GPS. At any rate I put on a speedo healer (a snap install) Used their online calibration and instructions (again a snap) and now my speedo is dead on. I don't usually endorse products, but would recommend this little gem if you want your speed to be right on.

HealTech Electronics Ltd. - Makers of the SpeedoHealer, GIpro and X-TRE -

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
wow awesome thank you for the link

·
1600 Nomad
147 Posts
What does it cost ????

IMHO, the web site left a lot to be desired.

AS such, can you walk us thru the process.

Went to installation instructions for my bike, which didn't list my bike, and sent me to another web address......

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It cost me $114.00 Canadian. The install consists of unplugging the speed sensor (mine is under the right side cover)and plugging the speedo healer into the line. Once you establish actual speed (I used a GPS) and your indicated speed you just enter the numbers in their online calculator and it gives you specific instructions on the sequence the two buttons are pushed. IMHO it couldn't be simpler. I was out 12% so I figure the $114 will be recooped in giving me an accurate odo reading when and if I sell the bike. That is, it wont show 12% higher millage on the bike when all is said and done. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just so I have this straight, my '06 1500 Classic has an analog speedo dial but still uses an electronic speedometer because there is no cable or speedo gear box on the front wheel. So this product will work for my bike correct? :redface:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From my understanding, this will work as long as you have an electroninc speed sensor.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Just so I have this straight, my '06 1500 Classic has an analog speedo dial but still uses an electronic speedometer because there is no cable or speedo gear box on the front wheel. So this product will work for my bike correct? :redface:

I have an o5 1500 Classic and have the Speedo Healer also. The speedo on my bike was off by about 10% and the odo was off by about 7%. I used the Speedo Healer to correct the odo so my speedo is still off by about 3% (about 3 miles and hour at all speeds). It is an easy install as mentioned and the web site calculator works great. I had this unit on my Suzuki C50 and when I switched all I had to do was buy the new wiring harness for the Kaw........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts