Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get this dang fuel needle to move at all after the install! Anyone else have this issue???

Sucks. The light still works but I'd like to see the needle move a little.

Ideas?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought but cant seem to find a middle ground to get it to work. I pull it out a little and I try to make it so the stop catches on it still hit the sides of th plate to stop when full and it still doesnt work.

Ughh!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
You need to expand the odd-shaped hole for the fuel needle in the new plate a little bit. Holding the plate in your hand, you should be able to place the fuel needle in the hole and move it about freely like a windshield wiper. I had the same problem, I used a small chisel to expand that bell shaped cut-out a little more; the base of the fuel needle will cover the imperfections of the chisel cuts. Works great.

btw, if your tank is full, re-place the fuel needle at about 1/8 - 3/16" past the full mark, and when the needle reaches the empty mark, the light will come on, and you will have about 1 gallon left (about 45 miles), which works out pretty well IMO. The halfway mark will also be more accurate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts