Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I learned that my ZX-9R can do 180+ mph easy. Not even close to red line. :twisted: And man was that fun. Had to slow down though, was running out of road. I still can't get over how fast it'll go from 0 to over 100 compared to my old ZX7. I rip a wheelie and I'm 3/4 the way there. All the guys in town wanna race me now that I got the 9R. I need to work on controling my wheelies a bit more though, I think its the whole fear factor of being vertical. Soon as I get the throttle control down they should clean up a bit more. I still can't get over being able to just gas it into huge wheelie.

P.S. super chargers are nice :D

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do most of my stun practicing in empty parking lots at night. 1 less cops, 2 good lighting, 3 no distractions of cars and people or other bikes.

When I test out one of my bikes for speed I use a back country road that goes for like 5 miles and its all flat ( I live in Iowa, those roads are easy to find) so I can see whats coming at me a long way ahead. Cause heck man, going 180 things move at you pretty quick hehe.

I really don't like riding with the kids who do wheelies in traffic. The other night one just about ran into me when he did one. Although I can't say I've never done one on a public road. If I'm getting on it I can accidently do one.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Anything over a buck is scary. It seems as if you are in slow motion the faster you go- its acutally the white line dividing the highway that becomes the blur.

Watch out for squirrels, they'll do it to you everytime!

·
Registered
605 Posts
lol, do a search for squirrels, there is an absolutely hilarious post in here somehwere

·
Registered
605 Posts
oh boy, I just read it again....Someone call the ambulance

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That was hilarious. Its good to laugh now and then.

In the old days a friend of mine (LA Sheriff) told me they used to have their shotguns mounted vertical with the barrel towards the roof and there was a little cap to keep things out of the barrel. Well, the caps usually didn't stay on very long and his partner had a bad habbit of smoking. Over some bet the guy had to give up smoking, but was dying in the interim from the loss of cigarettes. The guy takes up eating sunflower seeds and stuck the left overs where? You guessed it... Inside the barrel of the shotgun.

Wasn't too bad until that actual had to use the **** thing and all the seeds came out!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Green Knight said:
I learned that my ZX-9R can do 180+ mph easy. Not even close to red line. :twisted: And man was that fun. Had to slow down though, was running out of road. I still can't get over how fast it'll go from 0 to over 100 compared to my old ZX7. I rip a wheelie and I'm 3/4 the way there. All the guys in town wanna race me now that I got the 9R. I need to work on controling my wheelies a bit more though, I think its the whole fear factor of being vertical. Soon as I get the throttle control down they should clean up a bit more. I still can't get over being able to just gas it into huge wheelie.

P.S. super chargers are nice :D
:evil: It would be my one and only wish to take away all motorcycles from you and everyone like you for all eternity.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Because I was going 180? if thats the case no more MotoGP. Life would suck. Because I do wheelies? Doing a wheelie is just another way of controling your bike. Is doing a wheelie safe? No... Is speeding safe? nope... is getting on your bike to ride to work everyday safe? I don't think so. I do it because I enjoy it. If someone thinks less of me for it I shrug it off. I really don't care.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If your going to do 180 like the Moto GP guys, then go race professionally. It's all about using common sense sheep. Motorcycles are like everything else, if you're going to abuse it and be stupid with it then you shouldn't be allowed to have it. It's why they don't legally let muderous criminals buy guns.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Green Knight said:
If someone thinks less of me for it I shrug it off. I really don't care.
We won't care, either, when you remove yourself from the gene pool..

But your family might... or the family of the other person you kill when your 450 pound, 180 mph bullet goes through his car.

My nephew was in a car that was struck broadside by a GSXR rider. His two friends in front were killed, and he and his other friend in the back seat were lucky to get out of the burning car. The bike was also carrying a passenger, but nobody realized it until the next day when she was found in a thicket about 100 feet away from the crash site.

The Gixxer was "only" going about 120mph...

Get it? Go fast on the track. Do the speed limit on the road.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I realise that I have a chance of killing myself. I'd rather not die without any scars. In other words... I don't want to play everything "safe". Yes, I am crazy. I wouldn't have it any other way. I NEVER ride at these speeds anywhere near traffic or buildings. You have to understand that in Iowa it takes about 10 min to get to a back road that you might see 10 cars drive by in an entire day. If I see ANY hint that there will be movement ahead I slow way down. If you question my ability to slow down look at the specs on the 2002 ZX9R. The breaks on that baby can take you from racing speeds to a stop with 2 fingers lightly applyed to the leveler. I also ONLY run a road that fast that I; A: know like the back of my hand, B: know there is almost never traffic at all, and C: have riden back and forth about 3 or 4 times to make sure there is nothing blocking the road such as trees, dead animals, or sand/gravel. Don't get me wrong though. I still know there is a risk and I do not do this regularly. I've done it probably about 4 or 5 times this entire summer. I would rather be taking corners at 60 than hitting 180. Its just something I do once in a great while. I know this wont end any flaming so I'm going to leave it at that.

·
Registered
837 Posts
just waqtch for those **** squirrels :twisted:

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Green Knight said:
I realise that I have a chance of killing myself. I'd rather not die without any scars. In other words... I don't want to play everything "safe". Yes, I am crazy. I wouldn't have it any other way. I NEVER ride at these speeds anywhere near traffic or buildings. You have to understand that in Iowa it takes about 10 min to get to a back road that you might see 10 cars drive by in an entire day. If I see ANY hint that there will be movement ahead I slow way down. If you question my ability to slow down look at the specs on the 2002 ZX9R. The breaks on that baby can take you from racing speeds to a stop with 2 fingers lightly applyed to the leveler. I also ONLY run a road that fast that I; A: know like the back of my hand, B: know there is almost never traffic at all, and C: have riden back and forth about 3 or 4 times to make sure there is nothing blocking the road such as trees, dead animals, or sand/gravel. Don't get me wrong though. I still know there is a risk and I do not do this regularly. I've done it probably about 4 or 5 times this entire summer. I would rather be taking corners at 60 than hitting 180. Its just something I do once in a great while. I know this wont end any flaming so I'm going to leave it at that.
Remind me to stay away from Clear Lake when you're around.

Wonder how long before you're stuffed into a bady bag for being stupid?? Just hope you're ego & attitude don't cause you to kill anybody else while doing stupid motorcyclist tricks.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The roads I ride agressively are about 45 miles away from Clear Lake. All the back roads around there are in crappy condition and would be way too risky to try anything that crazy on.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Green Knight said:
The roads I ride agressively are about 45 miles away from Clear Lake. All the back roads around there are in crappy condition and would be way too risky to try anything that crazy on.
I know how the roads are at Clear Lake & that's the 1st smart thing you've said :wink: :wink: :wink:

I grew up around that area & spent lots and lots of time at the lake, Iowa Falls & a few other little towns in the area.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The road I like to ride on real hard is the county road between Geneva and Ackley. They just recently repaved it and there is NEVER traffic. Its a lot of fun to rip down that road. Especially with 4 35mph corners in it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Green Knight said:
They just recently repaved it and there is NEVER traffic. Its a lot of fun to rip down that road. Especially with 4 35mph corners in it.
NEVER is a strong word
The fact that they had to repave it would be my first indicator that it was/used to be heavily used.

The word NEVER doesn't work either, because you're considered traffic whether you like it or not.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts