Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
We're spending only on kids in immediate family this year. Since the house needs some big ticket improvements and appliances that is most important.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Hard to tell. We spread our gift giving throughout the year. But i guess it's been more this year than in past years.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Less - I'm broke.

I'm so broke I can't pay attention..... :lol:
God How I know that situation! Child support, property taxes, estate taxes, income taxes,union dues, etc. etc. I've gotten really good at barely gettin' by.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
we are buying for the kids grandkids and parents and thats it.... and not real big ticket items either . grandkids will get the most though!! we don't buy for each other anymore lol if i want something i get it and same with him :)

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Less - I'm broke.

I'm so broke I can't pay attention..... :lol:
God How I know that situation! Child support, property taxes, estate taxes, income taxes,union dues, etc. etc. I've gotten really good at barely gettin' by.
I hear ya, antiq. My wife is only 32 and permanently disabled so it's social security and my pitiful salary to support a family of 5 in one of the most expensive parts of the country.

·
Registered
199 Posts
well im moving so i dont got much to spend luckily i live in MA at the moment, im gettin my mom dad and sister one of those huge 20$ scratch tickets i think there only available in MA..... and i bought myself a nice laptop hahaha....
last yr i got my self my 1st streetbike and now my laptop.... oh well..... if they strike it rich they better remember me lol.... last time i bought my mom a 10$ ticket she made 100$ that aint bad

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Less this year. Heating, Taxes, New Bike (thanks Santa) plus retirement about yr and half away. Gotta conserve some. Bought for kids and grandkid but nothing overdone. Wife and I will skip it. More fun getting thru out the year anyways. Probably sell more of my excess camera equitpment (lights etc.) so I can add more bling.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Wow..sorry for all the bad news fellas. Wish I could say the same.
Don't feel sorry on my part. I'm lucky Kids grown and gone. Wife and I so close to retirement we can taste it. No more set hours and more riding time close by. Less money YES but we'll be FREEEEEEEEEE
LOL.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
more. the 8 year old has picked up my love of electronics so wants various things (ipod, wii....) so she got an ipod, ps2 games and bike among other things. and we added to the collection of children and she will be 9 months... so clothes, toys and lots of wrapping paper for her :D

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
I think we'll probably end up spending about the same as most years. There will just probably be less things we actually buy. Our big boys at 12 and 14 like bigger, badder, more expensive toys than our 6 year old.

·
Registered
550 Posts
About the same, or less. My wife and I just reurned from our 15th wedding anniversary cruise, and I just found out I'm going to be a grandfather, so we'll be playing it safe. Happy to say we aren't having hardships, but we did sort of stretch our funds a little

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
I hear ya, antiq. My wife is only 32 and permanently disabled so it's social security and my pitiful salary to support a family of 5 in one of the most expensive parts of the country.
I really feel for ya man! It's a great tribute to you that you are sticking by and doing what needs to be done. My mother was already bedridden when my father took ill and I lost a year at work and almost lost my wife caring for my parents. If I can be of help just PM or email anytime. I'll be be happy just to listen or to give any advice I may have. I'll be 51 in january so I've crossed and burnt a lot of bridges.

·
'07 ZZR600
2,363 Posts
I've gotten really good at barely gettin' by.
you too? The forced changes in my life this past year have made my automatic response to "merry christmas"... **** you. I'll get my kids what I can and screw anybody else. I'm probably not even going to put up a tree this year.

·
Old Man Riding
930 Posts
I've decided to go ahead and spend the kid's inheritence, so I guess I'll be spedning more. :)

JK - probably spend about the same as always.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts