Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate you all. I was over there this last weekend for a job interview... 55 and sunny. All I could think about is my babies being iced and snowed in in my garage here for months now.

On that note, if all goes well, they offer me a job at a salary I can live with... I'll be over that way soon.

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
Spoks favorite hobby is tell everyone how he is still riding, while we're visiting our bikes in the garage.

He knows sign language, so everyone tell him how you REALLY feel!

·
frequently disturbs class
2,220 Posts
I hate you all. I was over there this last weekend for a job interview... 55 and sunny. All I could think about is my babies being iced and snowed in in my garage here for months now.

On that note, if all goes well, they offer me a job at a salary I can live with... I'll be over that way soon.
Hey, I have just enough room in my garage for one almost-new Ducati Monstro, but it would have to be Red. Just send it on over with the keys in it, and I'll make sure she never gets lonely (or fat).

Where might you be moving too?

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
LOL.... well, if it's any condolence, on Monday night most of the Puget Sound region saw snow.... followed by rain Tuesday which has since turned to black ice on the roadways ;) The worst part of the Western side of Washington is that we aren't equipped to handle the snow, which means roadways are nightmares.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be in the Seattle area... not sure exactly where I'll set up residence yet. The job could be either by Safeco field or out in Lynnwood.

You know, when I bought my red monster, it was kind of a settling on it thing, I really wanted the matte black on the black frame. Or even the gloss black on a red frame. I saw the black/red at a dealer in Skagit over the weekend and now I'm dang happy I "settled" on my all red Monster. :D

Cool thing about the monster... if I sent it without the keys, unless you spent several grand, you couldn't start it. No matter what you tried. ;) "Chipped" ignition system... oh yeah! The disadvantage is, if you lose your keys and ECU code, you just bought yourself a new gauge cluster, fuel processor, ignition system...

Did Seattle shut down, Svet? I know you silly Seattle types can't drive in anything but dry roads and wet roads. :D

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
I'll be in the Seattle area... not sure exactly where I'll set up residence yet. The job could be either by Safeco field or out in Lynnwood...

Did Seattle shut down, Svet? I know you silly Seattle types can't drive in anything but dry roads and wet roads. :D
If you need any advice on the Seattle metro area, just give me a holler. I've lived in the city for ten years, and in several suburbs as well. I know the area like the back of my hand by now :biggrin:

Seattle drivers are ridiculously paranoid in the snow and ice.... add in the lack of DOT plows and salters, and lots of hills and old roads and you get a most unpleasant picture :lol:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, Svet. :) Just waiting to hear on the job, should know by the end of the week. I'll be staying in Renton with a Cousin until I recover the money I spend on moving, then looking for a place to live from there. Only requirement is a washer/drier and a garage! Well, and a decent neighborhood...

·
The Widows Son
9,126 Posts
LOL.... well, if it's any condolence, on Monday night most of the Puget Sound region saw snow.... followed by rain Tuesday which has since turned to black ice on the roadways ;) The worst part of the Western side of Washington is that we aren't equipped to handle the snow, which means roadways are nightmares.
My dad lived in Seattle, he told me that anything over an inch or two would cripple the city - I'd love to see that!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guitar - It's true, I lived over in that area once before...

Dave - Then I couldn't sit on it and make "vroom vroom" sounds while pretending I'm riding...

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Next time I'm in Seattle, you're taking me to Ducati Seattle, right? :D

I'm hoping to get my break-in service done there, actually. (Bought my bike just before the first snow)

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Next time I'm in Seattle, you're taking me to Ducati Seattle, right? :D

I'm hoping to get my break-in service done there, actually. (Bought my bike just before the first snow)
I'd honestly be delighted to. Any excuse to go there is great. Their service dept. supposedly ranks among the best, as well.
If you're into other Italian bikes, not too far away from there (about 2 miles) is the Aprilia/MotoGuzzi dealer too.

·
MaNaMaNa DoDoDoDoDo
4,767 Posts
That would be very cool to be on this side of "the mountains". And most drivers can't drive in the snow, or the rain, or the dry on this side. Good luck on the job.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actualy thought about trying to get ahold of you, Svet, I just didn't have raedy internet access. ;)

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Guitar - It's true, I lived over in that area once before...

Dave - Then I couldn't sit on it and make "vroom vroom" sounds while pretending I'm riding...
LOL...I just had to laugh at that one...that's EXACTLY what my 16 month old grandson does! :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts