Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
About 30mpg on both my (jetted & Muzzied) ZZR1200 and my TRE'd ZX10R. I've seen as high as 40mpg on the ZZR on highways and as low as 17mpg on the ZX10R on the track.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
My spreadsheet says that the bike's averaging 46.32 mpg. I've spent $296.68 to purchase 100.3 gallons this year. Too bad I didn't ride to work all summer because my car is averaging 24.13 mpg ($860.44 spent to purchase 298.61 gallons of gas).

·
Alien Test Subject
3,515 Posts
But the ZX is still more fun! :D
Yes and no.

The ZX is a monster land missle, and a pure addrenaline rush in a straight line or fast sweepers (remember, it's not the nimble, modern 10, but more like a 14 or Busa), but it takes a lot of work to hustle it through the tight stuff.

The Miata is fairly enimic, power wise. But it'll sling through the tightest corners effortlessly. From an enthusiasts point of view, it's a very rewarding car to drive, and would probably surprise even a few bikes at a place like Deals Gap. Plus, it drifts rather well!:biggrin:

So they're both just as fun, just in differant ways.

·
Full Circle Rider
1,611 Posts
My 'Busa gets about the same gas mileage as JoyRider's Mean Streak - 40 mpg plus or minus a few depending on how we ride. The 650R is consistantly over 50 with the norm being 55 mpg.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
Yes and no.

The ZX is a monster land missle, and a pure addrenaline rush in a straight line or fast sweepers (remember, it's not the nimble, modern 10, but more like a 14 or Busa), but it takes a lot of work to hustle it through the tight stuff.

The Miata is fairly enimic, power wise. But it'll sling through the tightest corners effortlessly. From an enthusiasts point of view, it's a very rewarding car to drive, and would probably surprise even a few bikes at a place like Deals Gap. Plus, it drifts rather well!:biggrin:

So they're both just as fun, just in differant ways.
I agree. the miata is a fun little car and fun in the curves. But if I have a choice, the bike always is first priority! I guess it's kinda like my two bikes and the decision of which one to ride on a given day, huh! :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I swear how do you guys get 40 on the 10R?!?!?!? I swear 120 miles and gas light goes on without fail. Ok I go against the wind alot, I might be heavier, I do have hills to climb, and I am going 80+mph...
Beats me...but I spreadsheet my mileage and unfortunately, my average is in the 35-36 mpg range. Pay in mind that my daily commute is mostly on the freeway. Still, this average is way better than my Pathfinder.

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
My spreadsheet says that the bike's averaging 46.32 mpg. I've spent $296.68 to purchase 100.3 gallons this year. Too bad I didn't ride to work all summer because my car is averaging 24.13 mpg ($860.44 spent to purchase 298.61 gallons of gas).
Nerd alert! j/k:p

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.