Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for suggestions on spray on/wipe off polish for my Vulcan. Just wondering what others use. With my bad shoulder and bad knees, I'd like to take as little time on cleanup/polish as possible.:smile:

Res

·
Old and nasty
517 Posts
I use Meguiars Qwik Detailer most of the time and every once in awhile I use Meguiars Qwik wax. Excellent job no streaks keeps wax protection going.

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
Lemon Pledge, cheap and effective on all surfaces.
+1, for the quick clean, Lemon Pledge does a great job! WARNING: It does attract a bee or two when ya touch up the shine! LOL

·
Year Round Rider
203 Posts
I use Meguiars Qwik Detailer most of the time and every once in awhile I use Meguiars Qwik wax. Excellent job no streaks keeps wax protection going.
This is by far the best, and easiest stuff I've ever used! I use it on all my cars too! Works on all surfaces, chrome, paint, plastic.

·
TEXAS PATRIOT GUARD
922 Posts
Turtle Wax Express Shine.

Spray it on... wipe it off. I use it on chrome and windshield too. Spray the windshield bugs, let it set a bit and wipe them off.

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
Lemon pledge..as in the wood polish? -interesting.
Yup! GREAT maintenance between full washes/waxes!

I got my bike out in mid 70's weather today for it's first full service wash and wax of the season today, and even though I was using a wash mitt and a healthy dose of detergent, the "pledge maintained" final wax job of last year was still beading water like it had been freshly applied.

All through the last riding season, using pledge between washes, the folks that ride with me a lot kept asking the same question: "How the heck do you find the time to wax your bike to that shine every week?" LOL

By the way, FWIW, Meguiar's Tech 2.0 wax is AMAZING!

·
*NRA*
282 Posts
Yup! GREAT maintenance between full washes/waxes!

I got my bike out in mid 70's weather today for it's first full service wash and wax of the season today, and even though I was using a wash mitt and a healthy dose of detergent, the "pledge maintained" final wax job of last year was still beading water like it had been freshly applied.

All through the last riding season, using pledge between washes, the folks that ride with me a lot kept asking the same question: "How the heck do you find the time to wax your bike to that shine every week?" LOL

By the way, FWIW, Meguiar's Tech 2.0 wax is AMAZING!
Sweetness..I'll give it a go next clean'in:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish 12oz Spray Parker Yamaha.com

this stuff is great!!

+100000 have used it for 5 years works great, however does not attract bees :confused:
+1 This is what I use. Guys at the local motorcycle shop (Thompsons Honda) turned me on to it and it works great.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the great suggestions. It's been at least eight years ago, but I used a waterless car wash/polish that worked like a charm. It came in a quart bottle with a separate smaller bottle that came with a pump to pressurize the bottle. I can't remember the brand name but it was sold by independent dealers out of their homes and flee markets. This stuff was great for the windshields also. It may of contained Teflon. All I know is the bugs wiped off with minimal effort. It also left a great shine. I bought the Waterless Car Wash/Polish from a guy at a local flee market and he's not there anymore.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts