Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
06 Vulcan 1600 Classic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And thank god for it. Moved to Colorado Springs in July last year, snow started in September, and today is the first day I've decided to bring the bike to work. Feels absolutely great! Might try to take a good 8-10 hour ride this weekend to knock the dust off. Any recommendations on good rides near Colorado Springs?

·
First Bike Bliss
152 Posts
Haven't lived in the Springs for about 20 years, and it's not 8-10 hours (on a motorcycle), but a nice loop is up through Woodland Park over Wilkerson Pass out to Hartsel. Then take 9 back towards Canyon City. Finally, back up 115 through Penrose back to the Springs.

I used to do that route on my bicycle way back when...

Cheers,

·
06 Vulcan 1600 Classic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I've done the 115 down to Canyon City a few times. Nice ride. Haven't done Woodland Park or Cripple Creek yet, but I've heard that those are nice rides as well if you don't mind being 11k feet above see level.

·
Winter sucks.
1,083 Posts
It's even springing here, and early. As long as Canada keeps their cold air masses to themselves I should be home free!

·
06 Vulcan 1600 Classic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Weathers unpredictable as all get out here in the Springs. Friday we had 3 inches of snow with a 27 degree high and today it's sunny, roads are clear, and it's 63. Early morning riding is still a little frigid, but after about 9am you're good to go. Loving the fact that winter is behind us.

·
06 Vulcan 1600 Classic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So...as I was saying about the weather here. 63 and sunny today, tomorrow it's supposed to start raining at noon and snowing in the evening. I can't seem to catch a break.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts