Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 04 zx6r and just recently got new sprockets. I went 1 down in front and 2 up in the back. I was told this will affect my speedo and it has. My question is, does anyone know a way i can figure out how fast im really going?. what i mean is like when my speedo says im going 60mph i know for a fact im not going that fast. Is there any kind of online calculator or does anyone know the math where i could just figure it out?. i am aware of a speedohealer but it would just be cheaper to have a mental note of how fast i was going then to buy that thing.

·
Peewee
25 Posts
I have this same problem with my 04' 636. My speedo was off before I even did anything, and when I went down one tooth in the front it got worse. I'm not positive but I think it get worse the faster I go. I just figure that most people are going about 5 mph over the speed limit and then I just do the math.

·
Old enough to know better
58 Posts
You could always temporarily attach a rechargeable GPS to the bike and compare the GPS speed readout to the speedometer indicated speed. This will give you the speedometer error, so you can mentally adjust in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts