Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to order some new sprockets and chain soon. What is the stock setup for the Ninja 500? I found a site online that said the 16T front and 47T rear sprockets were stock. Is that right? The 47T rear is the one I'm not so sure about.

The main reason I want to know is because I need some tires for a ride in less than 2 weeks. I'm probably gonna order some Pirelli Sport Demons from motorcycle-superstore.com. After getting the tires I only need to spend $40 more and I get free overnight shipping, so I was gonna order some sprockets. I wanna keep the gearing stock but they've only 45T rears. I'm planning on sticking with the stock 16T front, which they have. Anyone know where I can get a 47T rear and 520 chain at a good price? Or should I just order the 45T sprocket? I wanna keep my fuel consumption either at the same rate or improve it.

Edit: Here are some sprocket choices, what do you all think I should go with?

AFAM front sprockets

JT front and rear sprockets

Sunstar front and rear sprockets

What about these brake pads? Brake pads Do you think they'll work?

·
Registered
154 Posts
There is something wrong. My bike was stock (2002) 41/16. There is no way to be stock 47 at rear. In like the best 41/15 .

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured that out. Maybe that site has a typo. Anyway, the online deal fell through because they don't offer the overnight shipping on tires. I went to a local store and got the tires for the same price, they'll be here in a few days and I can have them mounted at the store for $15 a piece, plus I get a warranty. A win-win situation.

As for sprockets, I'm still looking. Thanx for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts